Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
181 - 200 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got a call today that my car is “fixed” we will see how it goes. Makes me nervous since I have little but hopefully it’s all good. How has everyone else’s been doing since they got a new part? I do have call with a lawyer tomorrow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got a call today that my car is “fixed” we will see how it goes. Makes me nervous since I have little but hopefully it’s all good. How has everyone else’s been doing since they got a new part? I do have call with a lawyer tomorrow.
Let us know how it goes. How long was your car in the shop? I got my first call from the regional case manager yesterday (car has been in shop since Feb 5). They told me that the part that has been ordered is a fix to the existing problem, not just a replacement, although not ETA. This is not what my technician told me, however, so who knows. Technician said they will replace and then I'll likely have to bring it back in once VW releases a fix. Case manager said I can file for buy back or replacement, but replacement is contingent on availability.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well when I picked it up my VW dealer said they ended up building their own harness. So I picked it up. Sent the work order to the Regional Manger and asked if this would null my warranty and I still wanted a buy back. I know my dealer was just trying to get people back in their cars. Oddly I was there yesterday and they asked about my loaner

·
Registered
10 Posts
Let us know how it goes. How long was your car in the shop? I got my first call from the regional case manager yesterday (car has been in shop since Feb 5). They told me that the part that has been ordered is a fix to the existing problem, not just a replacement, although not ETA. This is not what my technician told me, however, so who knows. Technician said they will replace and then I'll likely have to bring it back in once VW releases a fix. Case manager said I can file for buy back or replacement, but replacement is contingent on availability.

I dropped mine off Feb 18th

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all,
Ok so Volkswagen responded to my lemon law attorney. I’ve had my atlas since may 2021. They offered a cash settlement offer of 2750 to stay in the vehicle. If I was to ask they to buy back and with mileage offset I’d be looking at about 2k to walk away from the car. I’ve asked the attorney to negotiate the cash settlement while I think about which route I’d like to go. I’m disappointed because I’d still be paying my current lease payment while my car sits for repair for who knows how long. I also know how difficult it is to buy a new car at fair market price/with limited inventory. We will see if Volkswagen responds with a higher cash settlement as I may be more inclined to settle that way.

·
Registered
2021.5 Atlas SEL R-Line
8 Posts
Hi all,
Ok so Volkswagen responded to my lemon law attorney. I’ve had my atlas since may 2021. They offered a cash settlement offer of 2750 to stay in the vehicle. If I was to ask they to buy back and with mileage offset I’d be looking at about 2k to walk away from the car. I’ve asked the attorney to negotiate the cash settlement while I think about which route I’d like to go. I’m disappointed because I’d still be paying my current lease payment while my car sits for repair for who knows how long. I also know how difficult it is to buy a new car at fair market price/with limited inventory. We will see if Volkswagen responds with a higher cash settlement as I may be more inclined to settle that way.
What year, trim etc is your atlas? I am also in a lease with a 2021 sel r line and was offered a $5,500 settlement which was ended up being $5,800 to cover detailing that a customer care rep assured I’d be able to have done with the inconvenience.

·
Registered
2021.5 Atlas SEL R-Line
8 Posts
ive had the mar since end of may 2021 and my lease payments are just shy of 500
I have a full size atlas. She did say it went based on MSRP mine had an MSRP of around 49k. My lease payments are around 450 but I also got my atlas for 41k after incentives.

·
Registered
2022 Atlas Cross Sport R-Line
43 Posts
Does anyone went further down the road and break the harness to try to rebuilt it or find the cause of the issue?
Since the replacing harness they provite are the same one and we are all waiting for a fix from VW, might as well try to built one or repair what’s the cause is

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dropped mine off Feb 18th
Picked up my Atlas with NEW harness and after a week all issues have returned and it’s back in the shop until the harness is designed. Again no loaner or rental. I’m working to have the car replaced through an extended buyout process. A complete joke putting the same faulty part in the vehicle and telling people there safe to drive. Maybe VW is on an insanity kick and is going to just be repeating this process with everyone. It’s unbelievable! What a waste of time, effort, money! Could have used the resources for the rental cost rather than putting the same **** harness in! It’s called the Elsa Pro harness. Take note if it’s on your work order. This is not a fix and does not satisfy the recall at all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Picked up my Atlas with NEW harness and after a week all issues have returned and it’s back in the shop until the harness is designed. Again no loaner or rental. I’m working to have the car replaced through an extended buyout process. A complete joke putting the same faulty part in the vehicle and telling people there safe to drive. Maybe VW is on an insanity kick and is going to just be repeating this process with everyone. It’s unbelievable! What a waste of time, effort, money! Could have used the resources for the rental cost rather than putting the same **** harness in! It’s called the Elsa Pro harness. Take note if it’s on your work order. This is not a fix and does not satisfy the recall at all.
My dealer stated they made their own harness. Day 2 and no light but I just feel so uncomfortable driving and keep waiting for something to happen… such an uneasy feeling

·
Super Moderator
1,161 Posts
The "Esla Pro" harness is just a solution that VW has worked up for dealer techs to try to have a fix while the supply side catches up and can produce these. Elsa is the VW computer system that dealers use for maintenance, recalls, etc. is all. Clearly VW knows at this point, there is a recall, so they have pushed out info to dealers b/c they don't have the fix. Keep in mind many manufacturers have issues like this - doens't improve it or make it suck less but it's not that crazy that they don't' have an immediate fix and are trying something.

·
Registered
2020 Atlas Cross Sport SE with tech V6 4motion
6 Posts
Mine has been acting up more and more recently. It seems to get worse when it rains.
It was raining all night and some this morning. Went to get in car this morning and the alarm went off and while out today the windows went down and wouldn't come back up. Dash says door switch along with a dozen others. I hope they come up with a fix soon.
I took it by the dealership about the windows not working. I'll wear them out if it takes three visits a week, hey I'm retired, I have the time LOL. I had to ask for the work order copy today as I'm documenting everything and told the service manager id see him soon.
I love the vehicle just need it fixed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The "Esla Pro" harness is just a solution that VW has worked up for dealer techs to try to have a fix while the supply side catches up and can produce these. Elsa is the VW computer system that dealers use for maintenance, recalls, etc. is all. Clearly VW knows at this point, there is a recall, so they have pushed out info to dealers b/c they don't have the fix. Keep in mind many manufacturers have issues like this - doens't improve it or make it suck less but it's not that crazy that they don't' have an immediate fix and are trying something.
Well the fix doesn’t work. I had the replacement harness for a week and it malfunctioned again. It’s back at the dealer after already spending two months there. It’s extremely crazy there isn’t a fix, considering VW has known about the issue since Feb 2020. Two years seems sufficient to find a solution. It’s a waste of money and resources to slap another harness in knowing it will be faulty. VW is grasping at straws and not including the other malfunctions in the recall is just more of a coverup. Dealer will tell you it’s unsafe to drive but VW considers it drivable….until someone dies. It won’t be this guy, they can eat it at this point.

·
Super Moderator
1,161 Posts
Well the fix doesn’t work. I had the replacement harness for a week and it malfunctioned again. It’s back at the dealer after already spending two months there. It’s extremely crazy there isn’t a fix, considering VW has known about the issue since Feb 2020. Two years seems sufficient to find a solution. It’s a waste of money and resources to slap another harness in knowing it will be faulty. VW is grasping at straws and not including the other malfunctions in the recall is just more of a coverup. Dealer will tell you it’s unsafe to drive but VW considers it drivable….until someone dies. It won’t be this guy, they can eat it at this point.
I always laugh when folk online with a car problem on forums/FB groups use the word "coverup". It's a faulty wiring harness. They have recalled it. What else do you want beyond it fixed? You can sell your car/trade it in, try the lemon law (seems like the best solution if you fall within your state's regs) or continue to beat on VW to buy it back/get you something else. Where did you get the Feb 2020 date from? My understanding is that this is recent model year issue. I've not read about this until recently. What other malfunctions do you think should be included in this recall? What other company does a recall for more than one issue on the same recall? Have there been any deaths related to this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I always laugh when folk online with a car problem on forums/FB groups use the word "coverup". It's a faulty wiring harness. They have recalled it. What else do you want beyond it fixed? You can sell your car/trade it in, try the lemon law (seems like the best solution if you fall within your state's regs) or continue to beat on VW to buy it back/get you something else. Where did you get the Feb 2020 date from? My understanding is that this is recent model year issue. I've not read about this until recently. What other malfunctions do you think should be included in this recall? What other company does a recall for more than one issue on the same recall? Have there been any deaths related to this?
It affects 2019-2023 Atlas models. VW released a statement to the AP that sets the date back to Feb 2020 of discovery. The other malfunctions consist of the e brake and parking brake engaging during motion, car alarm malfunctions, window malfunction, drives door panel malfunction, etc. To date no deaths have been reported, but the overwhelming large response of owners who claim faulty breaking at high speeds should be sufficient. For your forum comment, I work in the i industry. I started of working sales for BMW, moved into a corporate role, and finally ended at a financial institution working along side our dealer partners ( I have several VW dealerships) My knowledge is pretty adequate of the industry. There are several remedies available to replace my vehicle and I am currently in the process of a buyback. To sit here and say the same VW that manufactured a defeat device isn’t covering up something, well that’s just naive. You sound like a VW employee on your soapbox. I’m simply here to inform our other VW brothers and sisters of the bs and provide real-time updates. People can sell or trade, but if you bought recently your going to take a loss and a pretty deep one. No that’s not an option and everyone’s situation is different and fluid. If you read the dozens of news articles relating to the recall and talk to industry employees you get the real scoop. You seem rather bias. Not looking for a tit for tat. Edify yourself and you will see the real story here. It’s pretty blatant.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All - got my car back today. Just a few days shy of 2 months. Tech says that once actual fix for recall is announced to bring it back in and go ahead and get the fix, but says replaced part should work.

·
Super Moderator
1,161 Posts
It affects 2019-2023 Atlas models. VW released a statement to the AP that sets the date back to Feb 2020 of discovery. The other malfunctions consist of the e brake and parking brake engaging during motion, car alarm malfunctions, window malfunction, drives door panel malfunction, etc. To date no deaths have been reported, but the overwhelming large response of owners who claim faulty breaking at high speeds should be sufficient. For your forum comment, I work in the i industry. I started of working sales for BMW, moved into a corporate role, and finally ended at a financial institution working along side our dealer partners ( I have several VW dealerships) My knowledge is pretty adequate of the industry. There are several remedies available to replace my vehicle and I am currently in the process of a buyback. To sit here and say the same VW that manufactured a defeat device isn’t covering up something, well that’s just naive. You sound like a VW employee on your soapbox. I’m simply here to inform our other VW brothers and sisters of the bs and provide real-time updates. People can sell or trade, but if you bought recently your going to take a loss and a pretty deep one. No that’s not an option and everyone’s situation is different and fluid. If you read the dozens of news articles relating to the recall and talk to industry employees you get the real scoop. You seem rather bias. Not looking for a tit for tat. Edify yourself and you will see the real story here. It’s pretty blatant.
All of things you listed are the result of this faulty wiring harness correct?

Having a different view of the topic here doesn't make me a VW employee or on a soapbox, but I am a VW owner for over 20 years, I have 3 in my driveway.

Yes, VW was involved in diesel gate - this isn't the issue at hand and yes, it involved a cover-up. I'd think the financial implications of that were far and away greater than this door wiring issue.

Are you sure some of the drama isn't related to hte maneuver braking (where the brakes apply in slow-speed conditions leaving driveways etc.) which is by some being confused by some in this convo and that is what was originally the issue back in 2020? I believe I made that comment (maybe a different thread on the same topic?).

Someone in the financial industry related to financing cars should know more than anyone, nobody is taking a bath (or at least not much one) on a used car in 2022 - you may walk away even. My Atlas bought new in 2018 for $42K can be traded today for just slightly less..when does that ever happen?

I agree that if they can't fix the vehicles they should get you in something else/buy back/lemon law/whatever as I stated above - again, VW owes owners that it be fixed.

181 - 200 of 216 Posts