Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nope - still stuck on loading screen. I’m waiting on the leasing company to decide because the vehicle is owned by them. I suspect they will have to either replace the infotainment module which will replace the e-sim - or there could be a pinched cable that links to the antenna for the gps.

My problem used to be intermittent but it’s now a permanent feature, which suggest it could be a damaged cable.
If you get yours fixed please post on here - I might be able to steer my local dealer in the right direction with some hard evidence rather than have them pull my pants down.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Luckily I follow this guy for A3 problems and I've just tried his trick and I'm back in.. such a simple fix. Just hold down the SOS button until a call starts and then just cancel the call once it does. Resets the MMI and SOS code and you're back in on the infotainment!

Think this will help across all VW group cars

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also happening to me in my 2020 Audi A4. Was told they have to replace the SOS Module and it is on backorder. Meanwhile i am unable to use any of the functions in the vehicle including GPS, Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth, etc. Utterly unhappy

·
Registered
2019 VW Atlas SE V6 /Towing package
28 Posts
Let us know what happens. I was leary of buying a German car because of things like this that require going to the dealer. We just got one so I am still learning all the features. My 4 year old asked me about that SOS button and I told him never to touch it or the police would come.
My thoughts...only push the button in case of an emergency, like if we crash the car or something bad happens

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there new user here! My mum bought a Tiguan last year brand new from dealership and a couple days later she experienced the exact same issue. The error message came up on the dash and the LED near the SOS button would turn off. Also when that was to happen when she makes a phone call through the vehicle people on the other side of the phone could not hear her. She was able to hear other talk but the other person was not able to hear her. From there we took the vehicle back to the dealer and after many months of going back and forth and going through many software updates (which the dealer claimed was the issue) and eventually replacing the SOS module the dealer agreed to supply my mum with a new vehicle. But little did we know even with the new car the problem was present within the first 2-3 days again. Just as a side note my mum creates a We-Connect account which allows her to control functions like locking and unlocking the vehicle, opening and closing the windows and many more. When she got her new car she logged init her We-Connect account on the vehicle’s infotainment system and that’s when the issue came back. We spoke to the dealer once again and they advised us to delete the we-connect account and see if the issue comes back and it is possible that the account has remembered the old settings and all the information is transferred from the old vehicle to the new one. We did as advised and so far (let me not jinx it lol) we haven’t seen the issue come back. If you have We-Connect I advise you guys try the same as it might be the solution to this annoying problem. I’m hoping this post was helpful!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello there new user here! My mum bought a Tiguan last year brand new from dealership and a couple days later she experienced the exact same issue. The error message came up on the dash and the LED near the SOS button would turn off. Also when that was to happen when she makes a phone call through the vehicle people on the other side of the phone could not hear her. She was able to hear other talk but the other person was not able to hear her. From there we took the vehicle back to the dealer and after many months of going back and forth and going through many software updates (which the dealer claimed was the issue) and eventually replacing the SOS module the dealer agreed to supply my mum with a new vehicle. But little did we know even with the new car the problem was present within the first 2-3 days again. Just as a side note my mum creates a We-Connect account which allows her to control functions like locking and unlocking the vehicle, opening and closing the windows and many more. When she got her new car she logged init her We-Connect account on the vehicle’s infotainment system and that’s when the issue came back. We spoke to the dealer once again and they advised us to delete the we-connect account and see if the issue comes back and it is possible that the account has remembered the old settings and all the information is transferred from the old vehicle to the new one. We did as advised and so far (let me not jinx it lol) we haven’t seen the issue come back. If you have We-Connect I advise you guys try the same as it might be the solution to this annoying problem. I’m hoping this post was helpful!
Had my R line VW for a month (leased) . First week the globe was grey and no connection . Then it connected and been okay . But recently getting intermittent SOS deactivated , this unable to access the system in the car(annoying ) . But when I leave the car after licking it for over 10 mins and renter the SOS error is gone . But it’s been happened a few times the last couple of weeks . Today I lost connection again to the ESIM ( grey globe ) . Decided to call the dealer and booked it to be checked in a couple of weeks . Thankfully it’s 3 year warranty .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Luckily I follow this guy for A3 problems and I've just tried his trick and I'm back in.. such a simple fix. Just hold down the SOS button until a call starts and then just cancel the call once it does. Resets the MMI and SOS code and you're back in on the infotainment!

Thank you ! Mine went yesterday in my mk8 golf and I did this and it worked. Although there was no call requests .

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
We got our VW Tiguan 21 plate a month ago. By the third day the sos button kept on coming up. Then the screen just disappeared while we were on the a406. Since then we daily have this loading issue.
We called up the company they were no help. We are still waiting for our appointment.
So far we have tried to the reset button, that didn’t work.
we just found your advice online about pressing the sos button then cancelling it. It worked,The whole system turned back on. Thank you.
I hope it lasts till our appointment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We got our VW Tiguan 21 plate a month ago. By the third day the sos button kept on coming up. Then the screen just disappeared while we were on the a406. Since then we daily have this loading issue.
We called up the company they were no help. We are still waiting for our appointment.
So far we have tried to the reset button, that didn’t work.
we just found your advice online about pressing the sos button then cancelling it. It worked,The whole system turned back on. Thank you.
I hope it lasts till our appointment.
So I had booked my mk8 golf in with VW for tomorrow for the SOS button . I had a call the other day from the service team , there is no point bringing it in as it’s a known issue and will remain until VW bring out software repair in a few months . The only way around it I was told is if you have WE connect , I’d to delete the app and disable your profile . Personally I used the reset 60 second truck as above and that worked :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Golf mk8 has been doing this since day 1, it's quite annoying because it seems to be doing it mainly in central London, where I need the sat nav the most. Plus, if you have the adaptive cruise control on, it becomes dangerous too: I had the car slam on the brakes on a the motorway because the sat nav was convinced I was about to cross a junction in a town miles away.

I will try to press the SOS button next time, I didn't know about this trick.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 70 plate Seat Leon 1.5 - the SOS light came on mine (intermittently at first) and is now a permanent feature. It’s less than 4 weeks old and under 300 miles.

I took it to a local Seardealer who have told me that the manufacturers haven’t done the correct pre-delivery setup and want to charge £180 as it’s not covered by warranty. This doesn’t sound right to me as the fault occurred gradually.

The car is provided by work and owned by a leasing company so I have picked it up from the garage without any of the work being completed.

The infotainment system is stuck on loading, and I can’t use any features other than climate control and parking aids.

My two pennies is - the e-sim is unable to connect to anything outside which interrupts the startup.

Anybody any suggestions on how I can convince the dealer they are wrong?

They claim to have never seen the problem before yet it is well documented amongst VW/Skoda.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. Did you ever get a solution for this on your 70 reg Seat Leon? I am stuck with a 21 reg Seat Leon 1.5 with exactly the same problem and the infotainment is also stuck on loading setting for the past 5 days now :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 70 plate Seat Leon 1.5 - the SOS light came on mine (intermittently at first) and is now a permanent feature. It’s less than 4 weeks old and under 300 miles.

I took it to a local Seardealer who have told me that the manufacturers haven’t done the correct pre-delivery setup and want to charge £180 as it’s not covered by warranty. This doesn’t sound right to me as the fault occurred gradually.

The car is provided by work and owned by a leasing company so I have picked it up from the garage without any of the work being completed.

The infotainment system is stuck on loading, and I can’t use any features other than climate control and parking aids.

My two pennies is - the e-sim is unable to connect to anything outside which interrupts the startup.

They claim to have never seen the problem before yet it is well documented amongst VW/Skoda.
I bought a SEAT Leon that had a recurrent Ecall fault. After many visits to the dealer to reset and instal new ECU they admitted that it is an insoluble fault with VW infotainment systems that are “button-free”. The dealership was not willing to swap the car for another similar because they could not guarantee freedom from similar fault. They have no faith with the brand. I rejected the car and got my money back. Will never buy a VW group car again and suggest wisdom to all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issues with a brand new 21 Touareg black edition.

After 10 hours or more on to CarNet team(useless) they discovered the car was on flight mode. They had to enable data at dealer. Then SOS issues.

LTE Ariel was replaced and problem solved. Also had a number of software updates.

Unfortunately the car is plagued with other faults. Voltage issues, leaking adblue, impact protection radar fault meaning it emergency stops without warning. Coolent pump replacement... List goes on.

As others say thankfully under warranty and leased so had full refund of time of issues. God help anyone to buy cash or personal loan with zero protection.

Hope this helps resolve for some.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 70 plate Leon has just shown the same fault. Called my dealer and he suggested that the sos function is also linked to the gps and since I have also had recent issues with the gps, the issues may be linked. Booked in for them to diagnose on Thursday

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update on this - dealer said this is a known issue and they are awaiting a software update to resolve. They’ve said they will call to book the car in when the update is available, which presumably means it won’t be OTA!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts