Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased a Cross Sport, with a tow package. I realized that there is no connector in the back for the trailer harness. I called my Sales Person and he told me that they don't supply the harness because it's a front wheel drive. They only supply them for the AWD. I called his manger and explained that I purchased this with a tow package. He went down to the parts dept. and said he retrieved the part I need. Don't let them tell you the bull. This should have came with the connector if you bought a tow package.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Was disappointed when I realized but I bought the car from a dealer about 2.5 hours away. Wasn’t worth the effort and just bought the adapter on amazon for $15ish ...

·
Registered
2019 VW Atlas SE V6 /Towing package
18 Posts
I recently purchased a Cross Sport, with a tow package. I realized that there is no connector in the back for the trailer harness. I called my Sales Person and he told me that they don't supply the harness because it's a front wheel drive. They only supply them for the AWD. I called his manger and explained that I purchased this with a tow package. He went down to the parts dept. and said he retrieved the part I need. Don't let them tell you the bull. This should have came with the connector if you bought a tow package.
You should have received the entire towing package all set up with the wiring harness ready to go. My 2019 Atlas Front wheel drive even came with the hitch and receiver (under mat where spare is located. You PAID for all of that.

·
Registered
2021 Volkswagen Atlas SEL Premium 3.6L
6 Posts
Was disappointed when I realized but I bought the car from a dealer about 2.5 hours away. Wasn’t worth the effort and just bought the adapter on amazon for $15ish ...
I also did not get the adapter for the tow hitch. Purchased Pollak 11-893P RV 7-Way Socket (Oem Style) for $12
works as it should. I couldn't spend $60 on VW Part🤪

·
Registered
2020 Cross Sport SEL Rline
18 Posts
You should have received the entire towing package all set up with the wiring harness ready to go. My 2019 Atlas Front wheel drive even came with the hitch and receiver (under mat where spare is located. You PAID for all of that.
Contacted Volkswagon of America, “ it is NOT an extra part you get with tow package “
“Most trailer hitches are used with options like bike racks, caddy’s etc.
Your dealership was kind to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts