Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was going on guys, has any one had any luck on gettting carplay to work wireless? thnak you

·
Registered
261 Posts
My friend has a 2021+ I believe. Not sure it is available on the 2021 version.
Carplay worked wirelessly while he had the free trial of the vehicle hotspot plan....but he couldn't get it to work without using the hotspot feature and couldn't use the data plan from his own phone. I told him to just plug it in anyway. Wireless carplay sounds great except for it is going to kill your battery especially if using Nav....and then you will have to charge it anyway. I used to want wireless until I got used to plugging in. Now I like that my phone is always topped off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
was going on guys, has any one had any luck on gettting carplay to work wireless? thnak you
I ended up buying the CPLAY2air wireless adapter. You can get it for roughly $130. You plug it in and set it up using bluetooth iirc. There is a 1/2 second lag that I am ok with as I am not clicking between buttons at the speed of light anyway. A screen pops up when it turns on and searches for a phone. Once you pair it it will then automatically connect to it. My wife sometimes uses my Atlas and at times i get in my car with her and it connects to her phone. At the screen you can actually choose between phones to connect to but im used to letting it connect me automatically. Takes maybe 20 seconds but at that point im settling into the car and backing out anyway and let it do its thing. Is it perfect? No. Do I prefer this over connecting it, **** yes.

·
Registered
2021 Atlas Cross Sport SEL Premium R-Line
7 Posts
my 2021 sel premium uses it daily havent had a problem yet. its wireless i just lay my phone in the cubby hole if i need to charge.

·
Registered
261 Posts
my 2021 sel premium uses it daily havent had a problem yet. its wireless i just lay my phone in the cubby hole if i need to charge.
Can the wireless charging keep up with the drain if you are running Navigation via Maps or Waze?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can the wireless charging keep up with the drain if you are running Navigation via Maps or Waze?
in the city so far haven’t had a problem, going on a road trip this weekend for the first time in this vehicle will update as I go.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My 2021 Atlas Cross Sport SEL V6 RLine Premium, shoo!! carplay works perfect in a wireless manner. In fact both my wife and I have our phones on simultaneously and it works well. Let the car warm up and then engage the carplay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So did a 230 mile drive with the wireless CarPlay using an iPhone promax while streaming iTunes Radio and using google maps the entire time and the pad charger did keep up. I will say though it does get rather hot on the Qi charging spot so if you don’t really need the charge the whole time I wouldn’t have it there. Other than that worked fine no issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm going to say it's determined by trim level. I have a 2020 V6 SE with Tech package and wireless Carplay does not work, however wireless charging does.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts