Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I owned a 2018 Atlas 3.6 FSI SE 4Motion for over a year now. so far I like the car but I have so many issues... water pump leak, AC leak, broken seat and more...
Just joined the forum to ask if anyone else experienced issues with windshield wipers - without any warning, when we turn on the wipers, we get a message saying failure and the wipers stop operating. This is happening intermittent and so far could not be diagnosed by VW dealer.
Is it only me?? :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Maor. There are several owners who have noted a humming noise when their wiper control was in rain sensing mode, but I don't know if we have seen any flat out failures. Would it not just make sense for them to replace the wiper relay? That's not exactly safe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Maor. There are several owners who have noted a humming noise when their wiper control was in rain sensing mode, but I don't know if we have seen any flat out failures. Would it not just make sense for them to replace the wiper relay? That's not exactly safe.
Thanks Kamron, this scared the **** out of me... it happened a few times on the highway, and as you may expect, I can't really take videos of the failure while driving and trying to avoid an accident. My wife experienced this as well. At this point, I left the car at the dealership and I'm pushing them to escalate this as they have no clue what to do. They told me that without a photo of the error that I'm experiencing they will not be able to do much.
As you said, this is a safety issue and I took a strong stand here... the car is not safe to drive. The regional manager got involved and I'm waiting to hear more.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Completely agree with you and I wouldn't allow your dealer to give you the runaround here, saying everything seems to be 'working as intended'. How they handle your issues is going to make or break your experience with the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Am I the only one?

While my car was serviced at VW Dublin (California), the GM was kind enough to give me a loaner. The loaner was one of the dealership demo cars, 2018 Atlas, fully loaded, 6k miles but still looks new.
As much as I enjoyed using this car, we found something very strange.... the wiper issues reproduced on the demo car we just received!!!!
This time, my wife took a video as a proof. Now why is that strange? because I could not find any other customers in the forum or online that complained about the same issue.
Thoughts? the video is here -->

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow what are the odds of that? Good idea for you to take video evidence as proof. Now the dealer wont be able to claim that its just a one off issue. I would understand if something was off with just the rain sensor, but there is no way its acceptable for them to stop working altogether like that.

·
Registered
256 Posts
It should come back to who's supplying these components to VW and what batches are impacted because having followed many new vehicle launches and seeing issues play out, this is almost always the case.
Might be time for us to dig into where parts are coming from or at least ask dealers what they know, sometimes those parts counter guys are the first to see names of these suppliers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Guys,
I owned a 2018 Atlas 3.6 FSI SE 4Motion for over a year now. so far I like the car but I have so many issues... water pump leak, AC leak, broken seat and more...
Same issue

We just purchase a new Atlas and are having the same issue. Did the dealer resolve the issue and what did they determine was wrong
Same issue

We just purchase a new Atlas and are having the same issue. Did the dealer resolve the issue and what did they determine was wrong
Just joined the forum to ask if anyone else experienced issues with windshield wipers - without any warning, when we turn on the wipers, we get a message saying failure and the wipers stop operating. This is happening intermittent and so far could not be diagnosed by VW dealer.
Is it only me?? :)
Same issue

We have ... it’s at the dealership for the 3rd time as I write this. Drivers side just stops working. So glad I leased this vehicle and didn’t buy it. What a piece of junk

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts