Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone installed Hub Centric wheel spacers ?
I have seen a set of 4 with Lugs for $165 on
E—BAY
Thought I would add the Specs for the 20" wheels (255/50/20)
BOLT PATTERN5x112 mm
HUB BORE57.1 mm
NUT OR BOLTbolt
NUT BOLT THREAD TYPEM14x1.5
NUT BOLT HEX17 mm
BOLT LENGTH28 mm
MINIMUM BOLT LENGTH27 mm
NUT OR BOLT TORQUE103 lbf·ft*
Please, consult your 2020 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport 4 Dr Sport Utility SEL user manual for exact range.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agree, I Inquired with BORA but they do not have anything for the CS. I have used them on the last 2 Jeep’s and put over 200,000 on each with no issues

·
Super Moderator
898 Posts
Agree, I Inquired with BORA but they do not have anything for the CS. I have used them on the last 2 Jeep’s and put over 200,000 on each with no issues
In the VW world, I'd go with H&R or the independents like shopdap, Blackforest, ECS, etc. Don't forget to get longer lug bolts.

·
Super Moderator
898 Posts
It's simple physics. It's an extended load out from the wheel bearings.
Understand the simple physics but as may people run aftermarket wheels with more offset equivalent to a set of typical spacers I don't think I've heard about pre-mature wheel bearing failures related to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
go and buy wheel spacers which are made of AL7075-T6 and with lightweight design~ 'cause when you put spacers on your wheel, the weight on suspension increase, which will cause damage on your vehicle, but a lightweight design spacer won't bring too much weight to your wheel.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’m going to go with 30mm, just over 1”
Do you have stock wheels and suspension? I am stock and looking to add spacers and trying to figure out what size to add. Do you have pictures of before and after spacers?
Thanks and good luck!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you have stock wheels and suspension? I am stock and looking to add spacers and trying to figure out what size to add. Do you have pictures of before and after spacers?
Thanks and good luck!
Yes I have stock wheels and suspension.
I am having a hard time finding A reputable company for the spacers🤦‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
898 Posts
Yes I have stock wheels and suspension.
I am having a hard time finding A reputable company for the spacers🤦‍♂️
Any MK7 Golf spacer will work on the Atlas - so many available. Shopdap.com has some, ESC, H&R, the list goes on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wouldn’t mind a little wider stance and I’m not a car guy so pardon my knowledge as I ask. What’s the thickest spacer I can get without doing the hub version? 2021 se w/tech

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just ordered a set of spacers for a MK7 GTI that I plan on putting on next week if I have the time. I will post before and after pics. I have a 20 SE so 18 inch wheels. Looking to fill that wheel well in and get a little poke!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts