Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Atlas, 2008 Rabbit, 1980 Kombi Truck, 1965 Beetle
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Atlas SEL comes standard with 20" Rims x 8 and Continental 255/R20/50 Tires.
Many Owners have gone for a more rugged all terrian set-up amd have experienced the wheel rubbing inside the wheel well.
I purchased 18" Black Rhino Rims and have Firestone 255/R18/65 installed. They work great with plenty of space and no rubbing. Not a fan of Firestone but whatever.
I had tried Falken Wildpeak AT 255/R18/70 and unfortunately they don't work. I also do not recommend going wider 265 unless you have the proper rim and sizing.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Plant

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put the Nitto Ridge Grappers with no rub
265/50/20 had put the BF Ko2s 275/55/20 and had rubbing issues turning and the rear would rub on the back when going over a bump also have the wheel liner blocks installed and wheel spacers 15mm front and 20 mm in rear with the leveling kit also , I hope this will help someone out .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody put bigger wheels on these things? Got stock 21" now, may put winters on those and buy a new set 22" or bigger. How about lowering it a touch as well? Any feeback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Scale suspension coilovers is your best bet for lowering. Currently on my wishlist.

Someone on here has 22s. I think they are too big for the wheel well - lowered on 20s or 21s is the way to go in my opinion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put the Nitto Ridge Grappers with no rub
265/50/20 had put the BF Ko2s 275/55/20 and had rubbing issues turning and the rear would rub on the back when going over a bump also have the wheel liner blocks installed and wheel spacers 15mm front and 20 mm in rear with the leveling kit also , I hope this will help someone out .
So what tires did you end up sticking with? I’m looking to get some winters and was thinking 275/55/20 but based off your comment above I’m rethinking that size. May be I should go with the 265/50/20

1 - 7 of 7 Posts