Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Like everything about my 2018 SEL P. The only thing that i dislike is that VW not including the 7 pin towing connector plug as standard.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The start/stop is never going to get disabled by the dealer - it's by design and part of the fuel efficiency calcs they need for the vehicle. You can however defeat it permantely with VAGCOM or OBDEleven and doing some research on how to disable it in the coding.
Lol, hilarious how the explanation for most things on this vehicle is tied to "its be design and part of the fuel efficiency calcs"..same reasoning for the tranny mapping that produces the undesirable noise.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like a lot of things about this vehicle.

Size - interior and exterior. Smaller than a Tahoe/Yukon but MORE interior room
Looks - for a family SUV I think it looks pretty nice
Features - my SEL P is loaded with features. For the price I think it is great.

Dislikes:
The transmission - I HATE the way this thing shifts. Normal mode is unbearable when accelerating from a stop and Sport mode can't seem to choose gears when cruising. I end up shifting between sport and normal depending on where I am. Also that 3rd gear transmission noise is ridiculous!

Gas - the gas mileage is WEAK. They could do MUCH better, especially on the VR6. And then the extra punch in the gut, they give it a small gas tank. If you build a car with bad gas mileage, don't you try to make up for it with a bigger tank????

The rest of these "dislikes" are minor. If they fixed the transmission I would shut my mouth and be happy....

Auto Start/Stop - I don't mind the feature and rarely turn it off, but it could be MUCH smoother.

Remote start - I've gotten this to work exactly ONCE. It is absurd that you have to unlock the doors with the remote, then press remote start twice...I think...like I said it barely ever works. Other cars I've had you just hit the start button 2x or hold it and it starts. The current setup is just dumb.

No OFF button for climate control. You CAN just turn down the fan speed all the way and it goes off, but I would like an OFF button, especially for the rear seats.

Default backup camera view - I wish this was configurable or 'smart' and would split screen to show you the area where the parking sensors were alerting. I hate having to tap the screen a few times to get the side or overhead view.

Tailgate - Why can't I close the tailgate with ONE press of the button on the drivers door? Why do I have to hold it? It is probably a safety thing, but it already has pinch sensors. Ugh. Also, much like remote start, I haven't mastered the kick to open yet. I get it usually on the 3rd kick.

The seats - they are comfortable, but I wish they were a little wider. There's plenty of room, they could've made them wider. Especially with the sport seats on my SEL-P. Also, the ventilated seats are barely noticeable on high. They could be better too.

Lighting - why they mixed and matched LED and halogens is beyond me. The headlights and fogs are a total mismatch. I added LED fogs. Same with the reverse lights and rear signals. Swapped them out too. Also swapped all the interior lights to LED. Should've come from the factory this way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Highline (Canada)
My Likes:
1. Comfort, very good on long trips
2. lots of rear room
3. lots of leg room, ease of access to rear 3rd row seat
4. rear climate control
5. keyless entry and start
6. foot operated rear door
7. Panoramic sunroof
8. front seat air cooling and heat
9. large display screen
10. warning alarms if your getting too close

Dislikes:
1. No wiring for hitch
2. Rear plastic handle for second row seats came off after only about the 3rd time I used it
3. Needed a Catalytic converter at 20K miles
4. rear door does not shut with key fob unless you are within 6' of rear door and directly behind
5. Voice operated NAV is typical and is not user friendly although better than my Highlander
6. Glove box too small
7. wish it had arm rests on seat or higher middle arm rest.
8. Start/stop

21 - 25 of 25 Posts