Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at 32,000 and they still seem to have decent tread left. I don't really like them but hard for me to replace tires early. I'm used to our old minivan chewing through tires in 30,000mi.

·
Registered
31 Posts
We just passed 40k and still about 5/32. Have new wheels with Pirellis to put on, but I too don't like "wasting" tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
47K mostly highway miles on mine with about 7/32 left. Ordinarily, I would have expected to get rid of the OEM tires sooner, but I have been very surprised by the treadwear and the general performance - quiet running, good wet and dry traction, decent in our recent snow. Since a new set of tires is 1000ish, I haven't been rushing to replace them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
47K mostly highway miles on mine with about 7/32 left. Ordinarily, I would have expected to get rid of the OEM tires sooner, but I have been very surprised by the treadwear and the general performance - quiet running, good wet and dry traction, decent in our recent snow. Since a new set of tires is 1000ish, I haven't been rushing to replace them.
do you know what the OEM tires are on your car, thats amazing mileage

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am pleasantly surprised, but I can't be relied upon for accurate measurements as I have swapped them out for winter tires for two consecutive seasons. For me that's between 12K and 16K miles not put on the factory Continentals. I'm now at 46K miles overall, with plenty of treadwear left. I may make it to the next winter season before needing replacements.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts