Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering especially suspension-wise if anything ACTUALLY changes when switched into Sport mode on the knob? Mainly wondering this because at some point I'd consider upgrading to coilovers for flatter cornering and to get rid of some body roll. I'm coming to an Atlas from a CX-9 Grand Touring with 20's, and they do handle nicely. The Atlas soaks up the bumps and mutes them better, but even in Sport mode has a little too much body roll. I'm just wondering if I would lose any functionality if switching to coilovers?

Thanks,

SB

·
Registered
254 Posts
Also tightens the steering. If you press the mode button and then click on each mode on screen you can press the ? Button in the upper right and see what changes in each mode. I always keep it in sport mode. You have to pull back the shiter to put the trans into Sport mode every time you change gears or start the vehicle as it resets the shift mode to normal for the best fuel economy.

·
Registered
2020 Atlas V6 SE w/ Technology R-Line
36 Posts
So is pulling the shifter back into sport the same as switching it to sport with the circular dial button?

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
So is pulling the shifter back into sport the same as switching it to sport with the circular dial button?
No and that's what I though the OP was asking. Just trans map. Knob will change steering weight and impact cruise and HVAC.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More good information. Thanks. My main question was regarding suspension and shocks and springs. Seems as though none of that is affected as there are no electronics tied to those items for changing damping or spring rates to affect body roll, rebound, etc...I may swap out suspension at some point for coil overs and to drop ride height just slightly for better stance. I’m only a “soft roader “ not an “off-roader “. Wanted to make sure I wouldn’t be losing any features of the suspension.
SB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts