Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start with I use my spare tire compartment as miscellaneous tool storage, tow receiver, Tow strap and shackles because you just never know.
With that said yesterday I was going to get something out of the compartment when I noticed about 2 inches of water about two weeks ago we had some heavy rain in the Chicago area
And about a week ago I ran it through a touchless car wash that has a undercarriage spray so I am unsure of where it came from or how it got inside, I’m letting it dry out I will do a flood test starting from the top down and then spray from underneath to see where it’s getting in. With that said I’m just glad it was not winter time with the road salt would definitely trash the inside that I would throw this out there for others to take a look and see if this is just a one off problem or faulty in seams.
when I figure it out I will post my findings

·
Super Moderator
571 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? If so, this can be related to it. Have you had the sunroof drain service campaign completed?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a sunroof? If so, this can be related to it. Have you had the sunroof drain service campaign completed?
No. I have had it for 2 months.
I would Assume they would have taken care of it prior to buying it But I will look into that after my water testing
Would you have a Link you can share
Thank you for the reply

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found it and this is not The area I’m getting water in their campaign refers to water in the passenger front I am getting water where the spare tire is like I said before I’m glad I found it now and maybe others should take a look

·
Registered
70 Posts
My wifes Tiguan had the sunroof drains replaced after about 2" of water accumulated in her spare tire well.
They ended up replacing drains, headliner, and carpets.

·
Super Moderator
571 Posts
The drains can certainly cause this (Atlas, Alltrack, others) - it's been discussed ad-nauseum on the interwebs. Get the sunroof checked.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The drains can certainly cause this (Atlas, Alltrack, others) - it's been discussed ad-nauseum on the interwebs. Get the sunroof checked.

Not to hijack the threat but I had a 90 Honda Accord that leaked like a wooden boat from the 1500's every time it rained or got washed. Water in the front floor area, rear passenger area and trunk. It was like a stand SOP to pull it in the garage, roll down all the windows, open the trunk and set a dehumidifier in the front seat for about 2 days. My oldest kid drove it and didn't mind but it really soured my attitude toward Honda ( when I took it in and the dealer said "oh yeah, they are known for that") in general. Never owned another, never will and it wasn't just the taking on water issue that made the car suck. It was just a POS lemon from the day I got it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It’s strange after doing a water test for about a half hour I had no water infiltrate so I took it to the car wash to see if it’s coming from the undercarriage when I got there there was water inside it’s strange it will not go until I’m driving which means it’s sitting in the cavity of the Body. I have no idea how they’re going to figure that one out, unless if they put the hose in through the window and fill up the entire vehicle to see where it leaks out. BaHaHa 😂

1 - 12 of 12 Posts