Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does not look fake to me ;)

Black is a labor of love, and that is One Sneaky Looking Atlas (y)
I'd really like to get rid of some of the chrome....not all, just some. And black out the grey lower bumper valances. But I'll probably never get around to it...

·
Registered
198 Posts
I like Meguiars Gold Class. (but to be honest this time was just a wash....no wax)
I still use a few Meguiars products. They are great quality for the money. I used to clean and clay bar my cars with their products before I got old and lazy. Years ago I used a glaze called TR3, it floated the dirt out of the paint and kept it clean. I have been using a glaze called Wet Paint which I saw them using at custom car shows.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased an Atlas, I am thinking of blacking out some of the chrome, or maybe all of it. I see you mentioned that your looking at getting rid of some chrome. What would you leave fro chrome if you went that route? Also, thoughts on 21" rims? vs the 20"s
I'd really like to get rid of some of the chrome....not all, just some. And black out the grey lower bumper valances. But I'll probably never get around to it...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just purchased an Atlas, I am thinking of blacking out some of the chrome, or maybe all of it. I see you mentioned that your looking at getting rid of some chrome. What would you leave fro chrome if you went that route? Also, thoughts on 21" rims? vs the 20"s
My thoughts on 21's is the ride may be pretty rough.

As for the chrome....I'd probably leave the grille alone because of the integration with the headlights. And probably the same with the chrome strip across the tailgate. I'd probably black out the window trim and the trim along the bottom of the sides and bumper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Appreciate the response. We went with the 21's. I'll be sure to write back after a bit to let you know if it is rough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts