Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2021.5 atlas execline. Just had a question with the 360 cameras. Is there a way to bring up the 360 cameras when trying to see objects in front of the vehicle? I tried pressing the button in the center console to bring up the camera on the center dash but its not doing anything.

Second question. When the vehicle is approaching an object or there is an object close to the sensors the vehicle makes a warning sound. The vehicle does not show me where the object that I am close to is when the warning sound comes on. Should it show on the screen or dashboard what I am coming in contact with?

·
Registered
191 Posts
At low speed you should be able to press the parking button in the center console to bring up the camera views.
As for object warnings, It should bring up the outline of the vehicle on the infotainment screen and yellow/red lines should appear around the vehicle where it is close to obstacles. There should also appear a box that says "menu" that you can press to bring up the camera views.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At low speed you should be able to press the parking button in the center console to bring up the camera views.
As for object warnings, It should bring up the outline of the vehicle on the infotainment screen and yellow/red lines should appear around the vehicle where it is close to obstacles. There should also appear a box that says "menu" that you can press to bring up the camera views.
Me and the Mrs were at Starbucks drive thru and say if we were close to a car infront if us or and object either close to our bumper the alert sound would go off. The thing is it doesn't show me anywhere on the dash or infotainment what I am close to unless I go to the 360 camera? Is this normal?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check today when I head out but I think the infotainment screen displays it automatically when the proximity sensors are triggered.
When we turn on the atlas I notice we can see the sensors on the infotainment but when we start driving and objects are close the sensors will go off but won't show anything on the infotainment or dash. Not sure if we need to enable something in the infotainment screen or not.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Every day when I pull into my garage I get the warning beeps and the following image pops up on screen with the colored lines indicating proximity. Sometimes it even happens in traffic at a red light or if there's some overgrown brush alongside the road.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
View attachment 1663 Every day when I pull into my garage I get the warning beeps and the following image pops up on screen with the colored lines indicating proximity. Sometimes it even happens in traffic at a red light or if there's some overgrown brush alongside the road.
Thats what I thought it would do with ours too but for some reason it doesn't. Do you have to turn something on or press a button? Ours will only show up if we are reversing out of our garage. Nothing show if we are in traffic or close to on object.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thats what I thought it would do with ours too but for some reason it doesn't. Do you have to turn something on or press a button? Ours will only show up if we are reversing out of our garage. Nothing show if we are in traffic or close to on object.
Check your settings. Car > settings > Parking and maneuvering settings. Is automatic activation selected? That's the only thing I can think of.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check your settings. Car > settings > Parking and maneuvering settings. Is automatic activation selected? That's the only thing I can think of. View attachment 1664
Yeah I will take a look when I get home. Would seem kinda weird if this was shut off from factory. I mean like I said the sensors work if we are backing out of our garage it shows what we are close to on the infotainment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts