Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
This has been happening industry wide over the past few years but unalike some other brands VW does seem to remain committed to their sedan lineup. Both the Jetta and Passat have been given a much needed refresh and I think that should help them to regain some interest.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm just happy VW is taking a gradual approach and not rushing. The Atlas took time to come to market but when it did, you seen them everywhere.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm not all that impressed with either of the updates they gave to their sedans. Even with the new face, they've been detuning and cutting engine options in an effort to quell emission problems. New models like the Cross Sport should help to push their numbers higher however.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Despite all the issues the company has faced with diesel, VW has said recently that many customers in Europe, namely Germany are already returning back to them. Imo this is just because of the cost of them compared to petrol and electrified models.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Despite all the issues the company has faced with diesel, VW has said recently that many customers in Europe, namely Germany are already returning back to them. Imo this is just because of the cost of them compared to petrol and electrified models.
The diesel gate is not a VW only thing many other manufacturers seem to have done the same. The VW diesel, in my opinion is one of the best and current owner who are still holding on the Diesel VW swear by it and don't care and are keeping their cars. VW is taking the conservative approach in updating their cars and not the strong chisel effect that has been going on with others. I tend to like the chisel effect in the beginning only to hate later on. This why it took me a while and decided I like the approach that VW took. Many manufacturers went way over board with the sizing of the grills in the name of showing that their car is aggressive looking. I see VW as stylish with the proper balance of both worlds.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think the question shouldn't be how much automakers damage their reputation but how it stand with consumers, how many of you actually care enough to shop elsewhere? I don't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts