Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over a week ago a letter arrived telling me my 2021.5 Atlas SE is subject to a "service action" about the infotainment system. (Seems like a voluntary recall to me)

The infotainment system on mine has bouts of acting funny, like not connecting to phones via bluetooth or cable, sometimes. Needing a reboot (hold in the radio power button for 20'ish seconds). Sometimes just not playing nice with anything.

The letter said on vehicles equipped it would be downloaded and could be applied by the driver. Well I got in the car last Thursday morning and had a prompt come up asking if I want to download it. I said yes. I drove to work, put the car in park and a prompt came up asking if i wanted to have the update applied. If yes, then I shouldn't plan on using the car for the next 30 minutes. I said yes.

When I came out at lunch I found the update was applied per the note that appeared after I started the car up.

So far, so good. No issues for me to report yet. I didn't see a change to the display.

Anyone else get this? Have to go to the dealer? Have an issue with it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got this too and had the OTA update done. Funny enough, since then my location on GPS was incorrect once and yesterday the system was black. I pulled fuses to have it reset and it works fine now (Was not aware of the power button hold down!) Before the upgrade I did not have issues except for erratic connectivity with my iphone. I am not sure yet if the connectivity has improved.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I took mine to the dealer to have this done. After I got it back, I noticed the software version didn't change. When I asked, they told me it wasn't supposed to.

I have yet to reply to the VW survey. If I do. I'd have to call them liars.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I’ve had serious infotainment issues since purchasing the Atlas. After complaining to the dealership and several updates and then finally contacting corporate. They gave me a whole new Infotainment modular. It’s been a lot better since then. But it took me to complain to corporate mini mini times to finally get it. So if you have a chance to get it just do it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’ve had serious infotainment issues since purchasing the Atlas. After complaining to the dealership and several updates and then finally contacting corporate. They gave me a whole new Infotainment modular. It’s been a lot better since then. But it took me to complain to corporate mini mini times to finally get it. So if you have a chance to get it just do it.
I got the letter in the mail today (heading March 2022) and stating the update could be done at the dealer for free by March 24. Just to be clear, today the day I got the letter is April 4... Any way, more background; February 17 I had the Atlas to the dealer for an oil change and asked if there was a software update available for infotainment as I have had problems with the radio since I took delivery, like many others. He said yes they were aware and he could have the software updated. Until today I hadn;t had the radio stop since about October. But before that it was a weekly occurrence. I believe it happens more often where there are 2 phones on bluetooth. I disabled one of the phones in late October. Anyway, So a week after the software update by the dealer, the Atlas offered me an OTA update. I accepted it. All was well until today when the radio stopped again and had to be rebooted. And now I have a paper mail offer for a software update. My question is does anyone know how to tell what software version is in the radio? I looked in the settings and it says 0813. But the dealers reciept says 91C7 was applied. And the letter says Sevrvice Action 91DE needs to be done and this is a software update. What is the most current software version?
I'll be calling the dealership tomorrow to see if this is a different softare update than I already have or not.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got the letter in the mail today (heading March 2022) and stating the update could be done at the dealer for free by March 24. Just to be clear, today the day I got the letter is April 4... Any way, more background; February 17 I had the Atlas to the dealer for an oil change and asked if there was a software update available for infotainment as I have had problems with the radio since I took delivery, like many others. He said yes they were aware and he could have the software updated. Until today I hadn;t had the radio stop since about October. But before that it was a weekly occurrence. I believe it happens more often where there are 2 phones on bluetooth. I disabled one of the phones in late October. Anyway, So a week after the software update by the dealer, the Atlas offered me an OTA update. I accepted it. All was well until today when the radio stopped again and had to be rebooted. And now I have a paper mail offer for a software update. My question is does anyone know how to tell what software version is in the radio? I looked in the settings and it says 0813. But the dealers reciept says 91C7 was applied. And the letter says Sevrvice Action 91DE needs to be done and this is a software update. What is the most current software version?
I'll be calling the dealership tomorrow to see if this is a different softare update than I already have or not.
I received an automated update about two weeks ago and went through the process. I don’t see any difference. But my problem was that I had no volume, it would switch stations on its own. I couldn’t connect my phones. It was a total mess. They actually had to change out the entire infotainment modular. So I have a completely different modular. But it took me to complain to get it Over and over to corporate. They tried to do it update previously before that but it didn’t work. It was a constant problem. Since I have the new mall modular I haven’t had any issues. My guess is they’re not gonna do a recall because it be too expensive. So it takes complaining for you to be the one to get a new modular. I actually had Carpet try a test update previous to this. Which didn’t help.I would definitely call record with corporate that you’re having issues. Just to cover yourself.
I was at the dealership several times. And I was told that other people including employees, we’re having issues with the radio modular. So Volkswagen is very aware of this issue. Best of luck. other than that, I absolutely love my Atlas premium Sport.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my second new module fail now. Dealer has had my vehicle more than I have. Just over 2,000 km and driving a loaner for the 4th or 5th time. I've lost track. Completely dead modue for the third time.
As a lifelong GM customer ... I should have bought the Buick. I'm beyond frustrated now. Not sure what VW's buyback program is, but that may be my next step.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts