Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the door welcome/courtesy projector lights available on Amazon? They project a VW logo on the ground when you open the door.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Has anyone installed the door welcome/courtesy projector lights available on Amazon? They project a VW logo on the ground when you open the door.
I have seen posts with pictures of people using them in the VWvortex forum. To me it is something I would not like that much but they do look and light up good

·
Registered
59 Posts
Puddle lights should really be an option from factory, but some of the aftermarket kits I've seen look decent. Doesn't look like the install should be very involved either as some systems are advertising that they are essentially plug and play.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Haven't seen anyone on here with them, but most of the kits I've seen look like a simple install (10-15 mins). Could be a cheap way to make the Atlas feel like more a premium/luxury product since we typically see these logo projectors on BMW, Audi MB etc.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Its good that they are a simple plug and play installation and I'm surprised led. Wonder why VW isn't offering these as an option from factory. Any idea if the positioning of the logo can be changed at all? Might not be possible since its going into the factory housing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I bet its because VW just want to do whats enough to establish some positive sales track record and not worry about the details
They were at once a struggling brand, struggling to understand the U.S. auto sector

·
Registered
111 Posts
Its good that they are a simple plug and play installation and I'm surprised led. Wonder why VW isn't offering these as an option from factory. Any idea if the positioning of the logo can be changed at all? Might not be possible since its going into the factory housing.
I bet its because VW just want to do whats enough to establish some positive sales track record and not worry about the details
They were at once a struggling brand, struggling to understand the U.S. auto sector
No matter what VW needs to keep the differentiation between the Audi and VW brand. So If we look at the Q7 it has all LEDs as standard and the Atlas well we can say half way. As rot those VW projecting light it is no more than aesthetic look. I know people with BMWs who actually preferred to remove those and just like many others some bought and installed them. I thought about buying these lights but so far I am not convinced. As to other interior LED lights the after market always seem to be much brighter while other cars that come standard are more tamed down and more acceptable and this is where I wish VW just went the extra step and included those. On this Mazda got it right, in their base versions regular interior lights and the upper trims come with LEDs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts