Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a video someone posted of the VW Atlas rendered pictures compared to in person reality photos. I don't really see all that much of a difference compared to how other manufacturers have changed up their renderings to production vehicles.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think they were pretty spot on. I actually prefer the rear of the "reality" Atlas over the "expectation" as well. I feel like they did a great job on the reality production version of it. The interior is a bit harder to compare because they compare the light vs dark trim. I think this may be one situation where I like the light trim a lot more though.

·
Registered
242 Posts
To be fair the concept was kept close to looking production like which goes a long way in coming up with the final product, so its no surprise the two come in this close. What's more interesting is how they continue to pull from the concept as production years go on.

VW has lots of money so even if the Atlas loses them money on every sale, money will still get pumped into it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
True, from the looks of it. I really think the Atlas is something that could have been priced higher though. But if this is what they need to do to get it flourishing and spread about and then incrementally increase the price which they'll do of course, then hey, let it be.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It could have been, but I feel this is there way to bump there number of sales up and get the vehicle out there first. Build that reputation for it as it's a new model and then push forward.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Actually that would be a bad move for them. One way to look at this is through its segment and how good/bad that segment has been performing and clearly that segment which SUV's like the Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander (just to name a few) are doing very well.

VW is trying to understand the American market for once, lets give them a chance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts