Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that VW has confirmed that their entry level Atlas will be starting at a price of $30,000. This was confirmed at a press conference at the Detroit Auto Show (NAIAS) and they have also said that the top trim, The SEL Premium, will be priced near $48,000.

Unfortunately no price has been established for the R-Line package as of yet.

This places the Atlas in perfect competitive zone as the Explorer, Acadia, Santa Fe, and CX-9 start from around $30,000 and top off around $50,000.

Full pricing details should follow in a few months.

Information via: New VW Atlas To Start At Around $30,000, Top At $48,000

·
Registered
70 Posts
Drastically cheaper than the Touareg, fits beautifully in between the Tiguan and the Touareg as well. But a fully loaded Atlas will be right around the price of a base Touareg, and I personally think it looks so much better...

Do you guys think it'll start taking sales from the Touareg?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I can see that happening since the market is going two ways either you have the person who want whats defined as a "real SUV" which the Atlas fits or they go for something compact and SUV-like that runs on a car-based platform. Plus it has been shown SUV's like this are growing in demand, oddly enough during this era where we're in an MPG war.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Adding to this pricing thing. (Canadian Prices)

Atlas Trendline (base) 2.0L TSI 235hp - $35,690
Atlas Trendline 3.6L FSI 276hp - $39,790

Atlas Comfortline 2.0L TSI - $39,690
Atlas Comfortline 3.6L FSI - $43,790

Atlas Highline 3.6L FSI - $48,990

Atlas Exceline 3.6L FSI - $52,540

·
Registered
241 Posts
I like how much its priced like a Tahoe but to people confident in products like that, the Atlas might fall right off their list.
VW's first chance at an SUV like this might be a flop for all we know. Tahoe has proved itself decade after decade.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't hear anything like that. They actually just brought out a big engine version of the Tahoe with a 6.2L or something in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts