Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI Car salesmen, I'm looking for a VW Atlas V6 SEL in Houston Texas, MSRP around 44k and dealers are willing to offer around 37k, is it a good price at all? Any more room to negotiate? Also, what's the VW Atlas V6 SEL Premium stands at? Say a 50k car, is it able to get it done for 42k color copies online near me?
Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
There was a time last year when people could consistently get up to $8k off, so you're not far from that.
is it a 2019 or 2020? If they have some "old stock" sitting around you may be able to get them to budge a bit more.
But that is assuming you can find a car that you like that they are willing to deal on...

·
Banned
109 Posts
that's about what I paid for my 2019 but that was back in dec 2018. Id think long anf hard about buying an atlas and read through all of these threads and cross check them with other forums, reviews and social media sites. HUGE issues with the atlas and VW is a joke to deal with from a corporate perspective. coolant, head gaskets, cats, technology, transmission, transfer case/ bevel box, suspension issues are the reality of things needing replaced by a lot of atlas owners. Of course all repairs are paid for under warranty but what a headache and a gives you no peace of mind of having a reliable vehicle for the long term. search any of those key words on google and any forum. Also, do a search for used ones on auto trader and look at their carfax. The majority of them will have major issues that have been repaired on there. Not all things go on a carfax but some get reported. I sold mine to carvana in feb and the other 4 of 6 atlases they had for sale had major issues on the carfax.
Resale value is total garbage too so if you are not lucky enough to actually get an atlas actually worth having you will lose your shorts to get rid of the headache.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts