Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While we have seen official renderings and armor clad test mules roaming the streets, apparently someone has already managed to get a shot of the production model. It does closely resemble the initial concept, but the rear bumper and door handles have been re-positioned and the taillights now extend further into the tailgate.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If it wasn't for the sales volume the Atlas has been getting, i'd say this is crazy.
I'm convinced it will happen but how soon? 2019 is in full swing and VW is quiet about it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
This is probably going to be a market exclusive model for launch, similar to that of the Arteon, T-ROC and T-Cross. Earliest I expect to see is 2020, assuming they don't encounter any issues with emissions.

·
Registered
41 Posts
With the popularity of crossovers in NA, restricting it outside of that market would be a mistake. I think there is room for something above the Tiguan.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a growing demand particularly for performance crossovers and we're seeing some solid offerings with Fords new Edge ST and the Chevy Blazer. I don't know if they have confirmed the powertrain options for the Cross Sport yet.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Apparently the new Trax will be sportier, coming from being a boring CUV no one wanted.

When last has anyone seen a Trax? or its Encore sibling?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've heard the Cross Sport will be using the same 276hp V6 that powers the Atlas. But it will also add two electric motors, for a total 355hp output plug in hybrid system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts