Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A fried of mine recently got a Cross sport with the newer infotainment system (I assume it's the MIB3). He is complaining that it won't let him crank the volume past a certain point. Basically once it hits like 60% the knob and buttons don't have any effect. I suggested maybe there's a setting in the menu for some kind of volume limit? You know, to protect us from deafening ourselves and suing someone. There's nothing like this on my 2019 volume settings.

Any Cross sport owner have any info on this? Could be a glitch too I suppose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A fried of mine recently got a Cross sport with the newer infotainment system (I assume it's the MIB3). He is complaining that it won't let him crank the volume past a certain point. Basically once it hits like 60% the knob and buttons don't have any effect. I suggested maybe there's a setting in the menu for some kind of volume limit? You know, to protect us from deafening ourselves and suing someone. There's nothing like this on my 2019 volume settings.

Any Cross sport owner have any info on this? Could be a glitch too I suppose.
Piggybacking on this thread, I'm having the exact same issue. Loudness won't go past 3/4 even if you crank the knob to max volume.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Again sorry for not given a solution but I am on the same boat. This is the first car I ever had ( even rentals) that I have the volume all the way up, equalizers all at max, every phone setting possible at max and I can still have a conversation with the back seat passengers without screaming my lungs out. It is very frustrating because other then this I really love this car but I am very annoyed. Please if you find any solution let me know

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have a Mark 8 GTI with exactly the same problem. Trouble shooted the music source (USB, Bluetooth, radio, wireless CarPlay and USB CarPlay) and worked out the problem is the limiting of volume on the infotainment exactly as described by others. Fiddled with the volume settings on the Vw and reset the system (holding down the off button for 10 seconds) but to no avail. Help someone!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys! Bought a 2021 CS in April and noticed this issue on the 2nd day.

Upgraded the speakers, contacted dealers and VW of North America. It is a known issue in 2021 VWs stereo but looks like VW is not doing anything about it and selling cars with faulty stereos!
Please try to call VW of North America and raise the issue, I did the same but nothing yet! It is a software issue, hopefully they'll have a fix soon.

·
Registered
153 Posts
didnt know that.
my sound system is great, 12 speakers and woofer in spare tire. they did this right. have you had any issues with remote start?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have a Mark 8 GTI with exactly the same problem. Trouble shooted the music source (USB, Bluetooth, radio, wireless CarPlay and USB CarPlay) and worked out the problem is the limiting of volume on the infotainment exactly as described by others. Fiddled with the volume settings on the Vw and reset the system (holding down the off button for 10 seconds) but to no avail. Help someone!!!
An update re my earlier post re the GTI… After trying everything on both my iPhone and mark 8 GTI, I discovered that the volume limiter disappears if I ignore the back speakers completely by pushing the “focus” button within the GTI volume settings to the forward middle position in the vehicle interior map (it is like using a “fader” control to only utilise the front set of speakers. Seems that the car tries to protect the back speakers by limiting the volume of the whole unit. Now the stereo is very loud on full volume. Only downside is that the two back speakers are redundant. I will raise my experience with the dealer at the next service (as it is now easy to show what is hapopening) Hope this helps others with other VW models too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts