Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2021.5 Atlas SEL Premium R-Line, and already inside of 11 days, the car is in for service due to a failure of the Infotainment system. This has caused me to 2nd guess the warranty options.

On my last car, which was a 2015 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite, I had purchased the Honda 7yr/120K mile coverage. I had done some research up front, and learned that you could buy these warranties from other dealers in the first 30 days, and could get a much better price. My dealer originally wanted $2,900 for the warranty. I showed them I could buy this from another dealer for $1100.00, and they said "well, there must be something different ...." After showing them it was the full Honda warranty, they then stated "well, that's because you are paying cash, not rolling it in to financing" I said, fine, match the price, and I'll buy from you. They ended up saying $1850.00 was the best they could do. I said no thanks, bought the car, ordered the warranty from the other dealer, and got all my Honda paperwork in the mail from Honda a week later.

That said, I can't seem to find any discount details about VW Platinum Coverage. Is that a bear to get a deal on? And can anyone give me a real world "best price" that you should be seeing for the 10yr/150K platinum service?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts