Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Today I have been to a dealership to finalize on the Atlas. They offered two types of additional packages.

As this is my first VW and first German vehicle and heard from people German vehicles are expensive to maintain.

1) Full service maintenance for 8year 80k miles for $2540.
Includes all the services paid for until 80k.
The question here, is it worth purchasing that option?
Does it really cost $2540 for all the services until the vehicle reaches 80k miles. I assume 10k miles each service. (He was saying 40k 60k 80k mile services would be a big services and would cost more than total of $2540)

2) Bumper to Bumper warranty for 10years 120k miles for $3920
Or
10year 150k mile for $4999

And I got a quote from third party warranty at $2400 for 10 year 126k miles bumper to bumper

Need your help guys..

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
I don't buy these products. The risk here are no different than any other vehicle and no, VWs aren't any more expensive to maintain than other brands. While those numbers are all negotiable, how about just putting that in the bank/investment account and use that as your rainy day fund if you have an expensive out-of-warranty repair in the future.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Save your money, the warranties are not worth it. The commissions are high so they will tell you anyhing to make the sale. Take the car in for it's scheduled maintenance, either to your dealer or the less expensive option is a local service garage. I only had an extended warranty once and you usually get offered a patch job. The money is better in your pocket so you can get it fixed to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
2020 Atlas Cross Sport with Tech
11 Posts
I have purchased 4 new cars over my life time. And I bought the extended warranty on all of them. But I never had to use the extended warranty on my 2013 Toureg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have purchased 4 new cars over my life time. And I bought the extended warranty on all of them. But I never had to use the extended warranty on my 2013 Toureg
Which additional warranty did you buy

·
Registered
106 Posts
Which additional warranty did you buy
Can't remember the name but I got my ext warranty from the vw dealership so it's whatever VW is selling. I got the 150k miles/12 year coverage. Even opted to buy VW's service agreement so everything my car needs up to 70k, is covered (oil, filters, adjustments, replacements). Hoping the car, other then tires and brake parts cost me nothing for 70k miles. Car is 16 months old and just rolled over to 9940 miles. Most of those were trips we took the first 6 months we owned it. As far as the warranty, if it's that important, I'll go look at the paper work (it's in the car) and I made like 3 trips out already checking the locks (from another forum) It's cold here too LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts