Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 VW Atlas SEL R-Line
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apple CarPlay has allowed manufacturers to add certain features for a couple of years now (since iOS12 I believe) that gives them ability to add CarPlay info to the digital dash.

My 2019 Atlas shows "Apple CarPlay" on my dash when I'm playing music and I'd prefer it show the album/artist info like Sirius/XM does when it is playing.

Someone on Reddit claimed it does this in the latest update. Is there a way for me to update my firmware or add any other new features (assuming VW has even added any new options/access)

I do have a VagCom cable...

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do they claim that is with the latest Infotainment update or latest iOS update? If it is with iOS 14 you could install the public beta on your phone, but there may be some issues as it is still in development and not totally ironed out.

·
Registered
2019 VW Atlas SEL R-Line
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's been available for manufacturers to add since iOS12....but it's up to the manufacturer to add them.

The only one I've seen in use if when the car is close to empty, CarPlay will offer up to find the closest gas stations. VW does this as standard but with their own maps (blech).

They have the ability to have environmental controls integrated as well as other stuff. "Hey Siri, set the temp to 70-degrees"

I'm on all of the betas and haven't seen any difference in my Atlas other than the "across the board" changes like the new background options. Update has to come from VW's side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts