Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great day!

While i was cleaning the wheels this morning, i noticed that one of the brake rotors have uneven”wear”. It has only around 3800miles on it and the family is scheduled to have a long road trip come whole month of April. Should this be a matter of safety concern? If yes, do you think that it can be claimed as part of warranty? I have attached photo of it for your reference.

Your 2 cents worth of opinion and recommendation would be awesome.

thanks and see you on the road. Safe driving.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
335 Posts
That looks perfectly normal to me - does it pulse when coming to a stop/applying the brakes from highway speeds?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks perfectly normal to me - does it pulse when coming to a stop/applying the brakes from highway speeds?

I have not tested it yet, as it’s my spouse who uses the vehicle most of the time. I just noticed it this morning when cleaning it. However, isn’t should be as smooth as it possibly can coz if its not, it could create uneven wear on the brake pads and eventually through its use, could potentially be the cause of swerving when brakes are applied?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Are you talking about that groove? I'd guess a stone or something is/was caught in the brake pad. I would get it checked out to make sure there's nothing still in there. That said, I wouldn't think it would affect performance at all and should eventually even itself out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts