Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot find in the manual how to turn off the ACC without deactivating the cruise control. In fact the manual says that when turning off the ACC “the stored speed is deleted”. Can this be the case that the ACC is always on when using cruise control? I have the 2019 SEL Premium.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a major design defect! There are certainly times when you want cruise control but not adaptive. If this was built into the software could VW make any changes? I would gladly give up ACC for straight cruise control if given the choice.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I don't see anything in the software that would allow an owner to modify the programming with OBDeleven or VCDS to disable ACC in favor of standard cruise control. I guess VW "could" change it. But they won't. Car companies don't make software changes like that ever unless there's literally a problem. And this wouldn't qualify.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I didn't like it at first. I was probably a little disgusted with the following distance which was too great. However, after getting acquainted with all the tech and adjustments, I reduced the following distance and it's really a nice option to have.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes, the following distance is too long. There is a setting to enable the system to remember your preference so you don't always have to reduce it. That makes a difference.

·
Super Moderator
354 Posts
You either have ACC or not. ACC = cruise. No regular cruise on ACC-equipped vehicles. I love it...play with the settings and adapt to it...so much better than my other VW with standard cruise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts