Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching this youtube video the other day and was wondering if anyone has used this Car Scanner Pro app. Also if it is possible to make the Atlas drive like an AWD vehicle with an OBDeleven? For anyone who has had an AWD vehicle, the drive is a much more pleasurable experience.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Anything you can do with this app you can do with OBDeleven. In fact, it seems like OBDeleven has more functionality.
There is debate online whether these changes have any real impact or whether some of them are just placebo effects.

·
Super Moderator
901 Posts
No - that change does zero. I'm a total nerd about this stuff and have played with it and logged it - I see no change. I believe I even commented to that on that video. That change is 100% placebo in my opinion. The Haldex awd system is simple - a pump pushes hydraulic oil into a clutch that expands when the system wants to send power to the rear axle. It does this when you step on the gas and not just when there is slip detected by the ABS wheel speed sensors. It's quite active. The only way to mess with the Haldex is 1) new controller that you can program or 2) United Motorsport software flash that just overdrives the pump. Neither are necessary on this vehicle.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No - that change does zero. I'm a total nerd about this stuff and have played with it and logged it - I see no change. I believe I even commented to that on that video. That change is 100% placebo in my opinion. The Haldex awd system is simple - a pump pushes hydraulic oil into a clutch that expands when the system wants to send power to the rear axle. It does this when you step on the gas and not just when there is slip detected by the ABS wheel speed sensors. It's quite active. The only way to mess with the Haldex is 1) new controller that you can program or 2) United Motorsport software flash that just overdrives the pump. Neither are necessary on this vehicle.
It's not a necessity, but would provide a better driving experience.

·
Super Moderator
901 Posts
It's not a necessity, but would provide a better driving experience.
I'm not so sure - the Haldex works v. well in my opinion, I've never felt like I don't have traction out back when I need it on both my Atlas and Sportwagen which has over 2x the original power output now. I've considered the UM tune but the more I think about it, it's probably a waste of money. I've beaten on it in hte mountains and taken it to the track and dragged it. Never had an issue with traction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts