Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,226 Posts
F/R rows it's just the switch on your overhead console. Hatch area...that one is more challenging...they go off after a bit of time. Someone sells replacement light housings that have a switch you can turn off....Google/forum/FB group search time!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Without knowing your specific year/model, one can only guess. I'm not sure if there's a way to separate the operation of the interior lights when using the liftgate from when using the passenger doors. The only way I can think of is to switch all of the interior lights off on the panel in the overhead console above the dashboard. The switch there should have three positions, ON, OFF and ON when doors open. Set the switch to OFF when you're camping or tailgating. Each individual light should be able to be switched on with the control right at the light.

·
Super Moderator
1,226 Posts
Without knowing your specific year/model, one can only guess. I'm not sure if there's a way to separate the operation of the interior lights when using the liftgate from when using the passenger doors. The only way I can think of is to switch all of the interior lights off on the panel in the overhead console above the dashboard. The switch there should have three positions, ON, OFF and ON when doors open. Set the switch to OFF when you're camping or tailgating. Each individual light should be able to be switched on with the control right at the light.
Except the ones in the cargo area....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts