Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I just had this same issue and wanted to share my experience. I took my 2019 Tiguan for its regular 10k mile service (I’m at 86k miles total) and went to pick it up. I left the dealership and as I hit the highway, the gears were having trouble shifting and I got the message you all got - “trans in emergency mode, you can keep driving.”

I immediately turned back to the dealership and they were surprised to hear this. They thought it might be a gear shift issue. Fast forward many hours later, it turned out to be a loose hose. They tightened it and the ride home from the dealership was smooth. No more message, no more shifting issues. We’ll see how it performs going forward.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I just had this same issue and wanted to share my experience. I took my 2019 Tiguan for its regular 10k mile service (I’m at 86k miles total) and went to pick it up. I left the dealership and as I hit the highway, the gears were having trouble shifting and I got the message you all got - “trans in emergency mode, you can keep driving.”

I immediately turned back to the dealership and they were surprised to hear this. They thought it might be a gear shift issue. Fast forward many hours later, it turned out to be a loose hose. They tightened it and the ride home from the dealership was smooth. No more message, no more shifting issues. We’ll see how it performs going forward.
has your car had anymore problems since then? I have a 2019 Tiguan and the message has just come up yesterday. I have a appointment for next week and hope they will not keep it for days and can fix this issue easily like yours!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, I just had this same issue and wanted to share my experience. I took my 2019 Tiguan for its regular 10k mile service (I’m at 86k miles total) and went to pick it up. I left the dealership and as I hit the highway, the gears were having trouble shifting and I got the message you all got - “trans in emergency mode, you can keep driving.” I immediately turned back to the dealership and they were surprised to hear this. They thought it might be a gear shift issue. Fast forward many hours later, it turned out to be a loose hose. They tightened it and the ride home from the dealership was smooth. No more message, no more shifting issues. We’ll see how it performs going forward.
Do you know which hose? I hit a dip in the road that was unmarked and this instantly came on. trying to see what to do since everything is closed tomorro.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts