Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
No, it was my first rodeo towing with the Atlas. I thought about the Sport Mode, but was also wondering about the other 4Motion modes too..
Will try it next time thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Been Towing from the Canadian border to Florida from North Carolina coast to Montana. 39,000 miles- V6 - $-motion. All haas been good ---Use a sway bar not weight distribution hitch. Great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Been Towing from the Canadian border to Florida from North Carolina coast to Montana. 39,000 miles- V6 - $-motion. All haas been good ---Use a sway bar not weight distribution hitch. Great. View attachment 1330
I have an e-pro too and loving it! Can you let me know what rise you have on your ball mount? And which sway bar do you recommend?

·
Registered
2019 Atlas V6 SE w/4Motion
1 Posts
We tow a 2018 Airstream Basecamp with our 2019 V6 SE Atlas with the factory hitch. Dry weight 2,585 lbs.; GVWR 3,500 lbs; hitch weight 410 lbs

We had no issues driving into the mountains or on the gravel roads. Unfortunately, we have only had two outings this year. I find it tows better than my 2012 V6 Ford Explorer XLT did.

·
Registered
68 Posts
towed 3500 dry / 4700 gross apex nano 193bhs. used a wd hitch with tension bars lowered for minumum stress on the vehicle chassis. two days into the trip got the front assist not available and acc stopped working

dealer wanted to charge $500+tax to align and calibrate the cameras. took it to the tire shop and they found rear alignment was out pretty bad but after alignment, they could not clear the front assist error. front assist error eventually went out on its own few days after the alignment so not sure what it was.

i didn't check the alignment before towing but seems like more than a coincidence. may want to have alignment checked after towing a heavy trailer that put stress on rear suspension. other than that no issues with towing and power felt adequate. no sway keeping at 65 on the far right lane on i75 with trucks passing on the middle lane.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Atlas with the Factory Tow Package and 4Motion as well. I tow a [email protected] trailer which is 3,000 lbs loaded (see photo) and leave it in normal mode. I have towed up to 10,000 feet in the mountains and at 70 mph set in normal mode with no issues. As I recall on these shorter trips (1-2 hours) I have averaged about 15 mpg. We plan on longer trips to TX and MN in the summer so will see how that goes. I have to say the Atlas seems to ride better with more weight, people, dog, trailer, etc. that with just me in it.
Hi,
I have towed a boat and a jet ski with my 2019 Atlas, and I hear a lot of noises coming from the hitch (I think it is from the hitch). Has anyone else experienced this? It is very noticeable when going hitting bumps and cracks in the road. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi,
I have towed a boat and a jet ski with my 2019 Atlas, and I hear a lot of noises coming from the hitch (I think it is from the hitch). Has anyone else experienced this? It is very noticeable when going hitting bumps and cracks in the road. Any suggestions?
i had same squeaking noises and use hitch clamp and no more noise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m trying to finalize whether or not to purchase an Atlas to replace our Mercedes GL350 and I’m curious if any of you have any experience pulling a trailer with your Atlas? Our trailer is a camper trailer with electric brakes...about 3,800lbs. Our Benz with the diesel engine pulled it without any hesitation, but we previously had a Honda Pilot that really struggled pulling it. The engine on the Pilot had to work hard pulling up hills and it destroyed any gas mileage. The Atlas is rated for 5,000lbs, but has anyone actually pulled a trailer to comment on how the vehicle dealt with the weight? Is the engine powerful enough to handle towing or does it labour at the task?
I tow a 22 ft KZ Sportsman Classic. Dry it’s 2700 lbs. Figure1000 lbs of gear and passengers and tows like a dream.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I tow a 22 ft KZ Sportsman Classic. Dry it’s 2700 lbs. Figure1000 lbs of gear and passengers and tows like a dream.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts