Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I took my family for a 2100 mile road-trip two weeks after I bought the car. Here is my experience:

• Car is comfortable and has good power, engine is always ready. It has good grip, minimal body roll and minimal vibrations. Averaged ~24MPG.
  • Drivers seat is comfortable, I always complain about driver seats, I am 6ft 200LB, But this one delivered.
  • Driving assistant systems are a life saver for long trips (ACC, Lane keep assist). I cannot go back to not having them. Made the trip much easier. Its almost a self driving on the open road. I don't like the BSM though, there is no sound, also some occasions the car was on my left but the BSM light was off.
  • I learned the limitation of my car's ACC (sharp corners, cars going towards a ramp).
  • Cargo space is amazing. With a baby, you have to haul half of your house.
  • Driving with the big screen + apple car play maps = no missed exists, I love that. Controlling music and such is a breeze.
  • My toddler felt nice. Much space around him, the roof gives so much room/light and he kept pointing at stuff along the way. It is worth it.
  • My wife drove and I got to experience the back seats for long periods. It feels good there, so much space.
  • Just looking at the steering wheel, it gives a premium feeling, feels good.
  • It snowed on the highway during the trip. I had confidence that I can continue through the snow and keep my family safe.

I discovered few things while driving this long with a new (to me) car:
  • Driver door lock doesn't work. Fixed it after I got back.
  • Rain sensor were funky. Dealer changed them.
  • The car needs a wheel balance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is my experience. These features are ones that make me happiest, and like you: I will never buy another car that does not have these features.
Agreed. Long trips are a different world with these features. I am glad I insisted on a trim that have them, my wife was skeptical why we are going higher trims, worth every penny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts