Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning! I actually have a Tiguan but I've found that many Atlas folks have the same problem. My emergency transmission mode will come on frequently as well as telling me not to exit unless in park. I brought it in and they're saying it's a gear shift? (My husband relayed the info to me) and they're replacing the shifter box. Has this fixed the problem for anyone? I don't feel very optimistic. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
1,026 Posts
You have to let them have a shot at fixing it - I'm quite sure they will. Until then, I wouldn't worry about something that hasn't happened yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2020 Tiguan — almost brand new, fewer than 4,000 miles. Last two weeks have been constant jerking/acceleration issues (thought maybe bad gas) and today emergency transmission light came on. Dealership (Byers VW in Columbus) was totally dismissive and unconcerned and can’t get me in for a week. No loaner available. Seems like maybe there’s a system problem with VW transmissions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife insisted on purchasing our current 2018 Tiguan. Not my first choice.. we picked it up in March 2020 used, and a week later we went into lockdown in Ontario Canada.

we didn’t even make it to the 2 week marker when we were rear ended, and without our vehicle for almost a month due to problems with the at fault drivers insurance. Since getting our Tiguan back we have been riddled with the “transmission in emergency mode: safe to drive” and “do not exit the vehicle until in park” warnings while travelling between 80-105kph. We have also been riddled with a problem with it entering EPC mode. The car hiccups,stutters, mis-shifts. Runs like poop otherwise when in EPC. Always the same P0202 code. Today we received a new code that there was an error in the auto start/stop…

I’ve changed the plugs, coils, wiring harness, MAF, injectors, fuel filters, fuel rail, fuel pump, regulator…..

I have had our tig into our local vw dealership 9 times over the past year, with absolutely no diagnosis. And a bill of $350+++ each friggin time..

As to this transmission wiring/shift linkage/auto start stop issue, there is a recall in process apparently in the US,butNOTHING in Canada for it. The dealership wants almost $5000 to do this because I have now rolled 100,000+ Kms and it is no longer under warranty.

it’s pure bs in my opinion that vw won’t honor their own brand when clearly there is a problem with their engineering.

Ill just keep using by obd2 scanner to reset the ecu, until I can trade this POS in for a different brand of car. This is my 2nd vw that I’ve had nothing but problems with that has become a money pit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts