Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced a thudding sound coming from the top of your Atlas Cross Sport? It almost sounds like an acorn falling on the roof and it happens randomly as I drive down the road. I don’t know what it could be but I definitely need to get it figured out… driving me nuts!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone else experienced a thudding sound coming from the top of your Atlas Cross Sport? It almost sounds like an acorn falling on the roof and it happens randomly as I drive down the road. I don’t know what it could be but I definitely need to get it figured out… driving me nuts!!
My 2020 Cross sport makes this same noise! "Sounds like an acorn" is the best way to describe it. Did you ever get resolution on this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It may be expanding and contracting of the metal in the roof. I notice it more at our Florida house that at our mountain house where it is much cooler.
It may be expanding and contracting of the metal in the roof. I notice it more at our Florida house that at our mountain house where it is much cooler.
I live in Washington and my 2020 cross sport has made that noise all winter (mild climate). I'm going to make an appointment at the dealer to have it looked at. Do you still have the issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar experience. I'm curious whether anyone has a solution. Tightening the roof rack bolts may well be the solution, as I saw on here at some point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is currently at the dealership now and was told that the sunroof was fine, the rail bolts were tight, and VW was aware of the situation. I was told there was no fix at this time and not sure if there will ever be. It drives me crazy but it is one of those things I have to get use to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is currently at the dealership now and was told that the sunroof was fine, the rail bolts were tight, and VW was aware of the situation. I was told there was no fix at this time and not sure if there will ever be. It drives me crazy but it is one of those things I have to get use to.
2020 SEL R-Line Prem with the same issue. Dealer said they couldnt get it to make the noise and everything checked out ok. To me, it sounds like it comes from different locations on the roof. It almost sounds like stress on the frame/pillars from temperature changes or torque when the vehicle turns.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts