Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only way i see a text msg is if i am actually on the app screen usiing android auto. I know in other cars i have rented it doesnt matter what screen i am on when a text comes in it alerts me. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sort of. If you don't open the APP screen after plugging in your phone....or if it wasn't on the app screen already, it definitely won't register at all. If you go to the app screen at least once that "activates" your phone .....but if you are on a different screen you are correct that you won't see any onscreen notifications. You WILL (should) hear the notification tone....but then you have to go back to the APP screen in order to see the notification and click on it to play the message. I don't understand why it works this way but I have never tried android auto in another car so I can't compare it. It does seem stupid to me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah makes no sense. I travel every week and have tried Nissan, Ford and Dodge and they all work regardless of what screen i am on. I will make sure i open the app screen every time and see if that works. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts