Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!
I just joined the community today, sorry that start communication from the question)))
I have got my Teramont 2019 (that is a brand name of Atlas in Russia) since January 2020. So, everything is fine, but the headlights make me upset. I saw here that you are satisfied with your headlights, that is wondering for me. Could you please share with photos of your headlights on wall? In distance 10-15 feet? It would be interesting to compare) here is how my headlights looks on the wall. Thanks a lot! Den.

·
264 Posts
Welcome to the forum Den TDA (y)

A few years back a buddy imported a Benz from Germany and had a long process getting it to comply to USA rules, I tried to
contact him and left a message. With a quick Google I found this and it's quite interesting :unsure:

In Russia, dipped headlights are always required;

Dipped beam – main headlights designed to illuminate the road directly in front of the car, they shine brightly, but only for a limited short distance, about 40–50 meters. Dipped beam can be of two types of light distribution – American and European. Their differences lie in the formation structure of a beam of light and the principles of its formation. At the same time, the aforementioned systems are made in both two-lamp and four-lamp variations;

This will give you something to read over until a member actually posts up ;)

Again, Welcome !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum Den TDA (y)

A few years back a buddy imported a Benz from Germany and had a long process getting it to comply to USA rules, I tried to
contact him and left a message. With a quick Google I found this and it's quite interesting :unsure:

In Russia, dipped headlights are always required;

Dipped beam – main headlights designed to illuminate the road directly in front of the car, they shine brightly, but only for a limited short distance, about 40–50 meters. Dipped beam can be of two types of light distribution – American and European. Their differences lie in the formation structure of a beam of light and the principles of its formation. At the same time, the aforementioned systems are made in both two-lamp and four-lamp variations;

This will give you something to read over until a member actually posts up ;)

Again, Welcome !
Thanks a lot, MrAtlas!
Sure I know that the difference in rules takes place.
But, formally, we have the same headlights on our Teramonts (visually the same like on Atlas), might be some differences are inside. That is why I asked for the photos of Atlas's light on the wall to see the profile.
It looks, that on the first module of the headlight some part was dismantled. Instead of dipped beam the DRL is also allowed. I think VAG made some "upgrade" to comply the European light distribution, but this thing reduced the performance of headlights.
In attached photo see the light distribution on the flour. There are some dark zone in the middle. It really not helpful for driving in the night(((

·
Registered
261 Posts
Here's my SEL- P LED headlights. My driveway pitches up a little towards the garage door so the light pattern appears a bit high.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts