Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help. I can hear sounds coming from the suspension. A loud knocking sound when driving over bumps / moguls. Apparently when driving slowly and the car tilts frequently from side to side over large bumps. Dealer has replaced the stabilizer links and says everything else is ok. 2019 SEL premium 3.6 20k miles. Has anyone had a similar problem? Can you guys give any suggestions on what to do?

·
Super Moderator
882 Posts
Help. I can hear sounds coming from the suspension. A loud knocking sound when driving over bumps / moguls. Apparently when driving slowly and the car tilts frequently from side to side over large bumps. Dealer has replaced the stabilizer links and says everything else is ok. 2019 SEL premium 3.6 20k miles. Has anyone had a similar problem? Can you guys give any suggestions on what to do?
Could be the strut dust boots. Could be the steering rack. Have you spent some tine scrolling through the posts here? Lots of posts related to this question so need for another post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2020 Cross Sport SEL 4 motion with 2000 miles on it and just had the sway bar links(both sides)replaced last week. The noise was quite loud and very noticeable at lower speeds/smaller bumps in the road. I am taking it back after 2 weeks as the noise is better but still there while at lower speeds and over most all bumps in the road. Like the car but not happy with the continued issue in the front end. If they cannot fix it this time, I will reach out to Volkswagen Corp. customer service next.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2020 atlas cross sport. Just had sway bar And links replaced. Less than 10000 miles Also mentioned to them about driver side window sounds like it is down. Very noisy. Said it’s air from mirror. Can’t do anything about it 🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
50 Posts
After reading other posts here about similar problems, I took mine in. It was the sway bar in my Atlas. Wish I still had access to the video clip my dealer's repair shop made where they took a look underneath and filmed it, confirming what I reported (the sway bar). After replacing the driver's side sway bar, the technician drove it around for a few minutes, then brought it back in and replaced the passenger side one for good measure. I haven't heard the sound again since (it's been around 10K miles since then).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2020 Cross Sport SEL 4 motion with 2000 miles on it and just had the sway bar links(both sides)replaced last week. The noise was quite loud and very noticeable at lower speeds/smaller bumps in the road. I am taking it back after 2 weeks as the noise is better but still there while at lower speeds and over most all bumps in the road. Like the car but not happy with the continued issue in the front end. If they cannot fix it this time, I will reach out to Volkswagen Corp. customer service next.
Took mine back and they had it three days and now had to replace the strut mount on the passenger side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts