Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When coming to a stop, below 5mph or so the car surges and kinda lunges. Almost like a car does when it has warped rotors.

Just another thing to add to the list for this pile of $hit !!

Has to be the worst SUV being made today !!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry to Hear.

When coming to a stop, below 5mph or so the car surges and kinda lunges. Almost like a car does when it has warped rotors.

Just another thing to add to the list for this pile of $hit !!

Has to be the worst SUV being made today !!!
Sorry to hear ur Atlas has so many issues.

On the other hand ours is just great, the best brakes I have ever had. The tranny is smooth, the car rides great and the mpg is better then expected. We only have 3200 miles on it so far so maybe I will have to see how I feel after we get more miles on.
We bought ours in Aug of 2018 so maybe the issues u have are on an older build?

·
Super Moderator
621 Posts
They are a bit grabby and I have felt this as well but the rotors aren't warped IMHO, just how the brakes feel. It seems you woudl be served by cutting your losses and moving on with another vehicle at this point - you have complained about a host of issues. We've had ours almost a year/11K miles and it's been trouble-free and we have been v. satisfied.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Driven millions of miles in my life and never had brakes act like this......Yes, this piece of garbage will be gone as soon as VW steps up to plate. Until then I will continue to advice everyone who asks me about how I like my Atlas what a huge disappointment it is and VW is.

·
Super Moderator
621 Posts
^^^Why has it be so challenging to get VW to buy it back if these problems are real (vs. perceived)? Plenty of stories in the forums/FB pages regarding people that were successful and had lemons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts