Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my interior bulbs from Superbrightleds.com for my 2019 SE w/Tech.
They are as follows:
13 - 194 CAN Bus LED Bulb - 5 SMD LED Tower - Miinature Wedge Base @ 2.95 each
(2- Stepwells, 1 Glove, 2 Maps Lights, =2 2nd Row Dome, 2 3rd Row Dome, 2 Luggage Area and 2 Puddle Lights)
2 6418 CAN Bus LED Bulb - 27 SMD LED Festoon - 36mm - Cool White @ 3.95 each
(2 Vanity Mirror Lights)
The total came to $46.25 plus tax and shipping.
I installed all but the door puddle lights and the glove box and passenger stepwell light. The passenger stepwell wire is very short and I didn't feel like tackling it today. I would lappreciate any suggestions on the install of the passenger stepwell light if anyone has some helpful hints.

As far as quality goes, I don't see any difference between any of the LED light bulbs. They all seem to be stamped with the CE symbol which means they are all made to the same standard. If I had to do it again, I would probably buy the bulbs on eBay or Amazon for half the price..

·
Super Moderator
572 Posts
I have the complete interior kit from deAuto - very good quality and I actually was able to get them to give me a slightly warmer color temp as the super white just wasn't doing it for me. Some of the cheapie offerings do not have the special (not sure the name of the component right now) bit that keeps them from glowing after you turn them off.

·
Super Moderator
572 Posts
Yes, my bulbs are a warm 5300K too. No errors, no after glow.
When I said "warm", I mean in the 4K range (4600). 5300 is still pretty white. I did the 5K+ bulbs in my other VW and in that, they look ok b/c the interior isn't as large.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know you are big on promoting deauto which is fine with me. However, other than the high price they do not give you any information on what you are buying. Superbrightleds and others give you a description and choice of color temperature.

·
Super Moderator
572 Posts
I know you are big on promoting deauto which is fine with me. However, other than the high price they do not give you any information on what you are buying. Superbrightleds and others give you a description and choice of color temperature.
I haven't looked at their info/site in a while but I though the color temp was clearly shown for their interior kit(s). I had to do some back/forth with them to get them to make me up a warmer color kit so correct - not really a choice normally. The thing I liked about deAuto stuff is it works/fits/no errors/no guess work but yes, that come with a higher cost. They have replaced several of my other bulbs (turn signals on both vehicles) with new bulbs (and extras) with no drama so there's a value in that as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts