Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,161 Posts
Looks like the door wiring issue but be aware that some of these reports are likely related to the parking sensor system that will apply the brakes ("maneuver braking") leaving driveways, curbs, etc. when the system sees say the upcoming road as you are moving downhill as an obstacle...only happens when going slow on that one. I turned mine off b/c of it as our driveway is somewhat steep and I got sick of having to creep in/out of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You are correct and yesterday they said a recall is going to be issued so they can quit blowing people off and telling them to go away because they dont have the parts ;)
This seems to be the recall you're referring to. Interesting how CARFAX has my information (from the dealership I assume??) and they email me this info... but the NHTSA does not show a recall in their system yet. Just as interesting is that there's No Remedy Available. :oops::rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
This seems to be the recall you're referring to. Interesting how CARFAX has my information (from the dealership I assume??) and they email me this info... but the NHTSA does not show a recall in their system yet. Just as interesting is that there's No Remedy Available. :oops::rolleyes:
NHTSA does list the recall. I think their VIN search is just not accurately capturing all included vehicles.

In short, the 2018 Atlas is not affected, nor are 2019s built before Aug 1, 2019. Seems like EVERY Atlas after 8/1/19 is affected.

2019-2020 Volkswagen ATLAS: AUG 01, 2019 - MAR 06, 2020
2020-2023 Volkswagen ATLAS CROSS SPORT: SEP 25, 2019 - FEB 10, 2022
2021-2023 Volkswagen ATLAS FL: OCT 04, 2019 - FEB 10, 2022

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yup - Had windows and lane notification issue (plus other weird stuff) - waiting for driver side electrical harness - has been over 5 weeks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yup - Had windows and lane notification issue (plus other weird stuff) - waiting for driver side electrical harness - has been over 5 weeks!
Ugh, I hope I don't get experience of these symptoms.

Btw, I'm not sure if this specific harness comes out of the Ukraine but they're a big wiring-harness supplier of VW and some of the other German manufactures. Not a good situation.

·
Registered
29 Posts
As far as I am concerned, if they cannot get the part then they can replace the vehicle or take the part out of new vehicle.
I suspect they are very late because there are many to replace?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ugh, I hope I don't get experience of these symptoms.

Btw, I'm not sure if this specific harness comes out of the Ukraine but they're a big wiring-harness supplier of VW and some of the other German manufactures. Not a good situation.
my dealership said the part is from Ukraine and there is no status as to when the part will be in. My loaner is an older atlas basic model.Such a downgrade from my own atlas. It’s been 3 weeks. Called VW USA and said to ask dealership for compensation. They could not credit my lease agreement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone have Information on the proposed class action lawsuit regarding this issue? VW Atlas Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Wiring Harness

1 - 10 of 10 Posts