Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was driving on the interstate and my car stalled and displayed a stop/start error. Display said to manually start which I had to put it into park to start and was nearly ran over by a truck. Took it in for repair and the dealership Don Jacobs Lexington Ky; promised it was fixed one week later same thing driving in traffic Atlas stalled start/stop Error; traffic flying around me - not fixed! Only 30,000 miles on it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
We had our 2021 Cross Sport throw a transmission error on the first road trip we took it on, didn't stall out on the interstate, but wouldn't go over 50. Don Jacobs told us it was a Computer Code error, they cleared the codes but it did it again a few more times. Turned out to be an known error that was resolved in an recall update to the infotainment center, but we had to take it in probably 6-7 times before they acknowledged it, and only did it after I pulled the recall information from another shop and gave it to them. Luckily it's been fine since, but I could tell you horror stories all day about that Dealer and we've only been using them for 1.5-2 years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have my car just about a year and the same thing has been Happening for months. In thr dealer two times 2 weeks at a time and nothing they can’t seem to fix it. Apparently this is a thing with the VW atlas. So dangerous as i drive my kids around i feel so unsafe..

QUOTE="jodie hill coulter, post: 32300, member: 10340"]
was driving on the interstate and my car stalled and displayed a stop/start error. Display said to manually start which I had to put it into park to start and was nearly ran over by a truck. Took it in for repair and the dealership Don Jacobs Lexington Ky; promised it was fixed one week later same thing driving in traffic Atlas stalled start/stop Error; traffic flying around me - not fixed! Only 30,000 miles on it!
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had the same thing happen to our 2021 ACS. Our car has 11,000 miles when we first got the error. At first just the error then it started stalling but only while coming to a stop or slowing down to turn then the car would stall. I would slid it into Neutral then restart it and drive on. Took it to my local dealership and they said it was a bad Purge Valve. It took about 3 hours to replace and no issues since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also had an auto stop start fail message, along with the engine shutting down while the vehicle was still in motion.
The dealership replaced the carbon filter (part of the emissions system) I do not see the connection...............but the issue has not returned

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2021.5 SE Atlas R line did same thing. spent 3 months and 2 recalls in shop, contacted Corporate VW, initiated Bye Back program, Just picked my 2023 Atlas up yesterday
So hopefully bugs are ironed out, I had 2 2022 Atlas Cross sports as loaners and they did not have this issue. Mine never was fixed, and was exact same issue. Auto On/Off Error while driving at speed, said to manually start engine, wouldn't start in neutral, message said place selector in park, in Atlanta Traffic, Not Good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts