Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just start @ highway speeds 65-80 severe vibrations. Feels like a foot massage on passenger side and steering wheel shakes. VW customer care is zero help as I am being told it could not be replicated by dealer even though video shows.

· Registered
4 Posts
Had the same problem with my old 2019 Atlas. It was diagnosed to be one of two issues, both of which were not covered under the OEM warranty.

1. Bad rotors and calipers (front end only)
2. Bad tires (would not pass road worthy test)

Keep in mind that both of the above were under the 30k/3yr coverage. However, after going back and forth with the shop, I traded it in for a new 2022. Happy to report, no issues followed me to the new vehicle.

· Registered
105 Posts
If u had a recent tire rotation they probably crossed the rear tires from one side to the other and mover them front. I had that issue after an oil change and tire rotation going to Florida. They take the rears and move to the front and cross them over and then move the fronts to the back. I stopped in a goodyear store on a trip to Florida months ago and swapped the fronts side to side and vibration fixed. Just for good measure i the fronts rebalanced.

· Registered
2018 VW Atlas SEL 4Motion
48 Posts
Just had the front rotors and brakes done prior to trip probably the great contenetial tires which already had 2 replaced
It sounds like you’ve got a wheel off balance… if the balancing weights aren’t stuck on well, it’s not hard to knock a weight off when you take a wheel off. I personally get my wheels balanced once a year when I swap from snow tires to summer tires because I HATE wheel vibration. (I have a two sets of wheels so it technically wouldn’t be necessary…) before doing anything else I’d go and get the two front wheels balanced! It’s fairly inexpensive and there’s a good chance that’s the issue…

· Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone I had the same problem that no VW tech could diagnose or answer. Every mechanic told me it was bad tires, alignment, balancing and a whole bunch of nothing. I eventually come to find out that this is VW faulty lane assist. Turn it off and you will see what I mean. They really need to recall their lane assist as it’s eating through rotor and brakes which is a safety hazard. Not sure why this non mechanic woman had to figure this out for them but that is why everyone is burning money with the items above it’s because it’s lane assist.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts