Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a engine stall type issue when quickly flooring the accelerator from a stopped or when slowing rolling. it’s happened 4-5 times over the past 8 months. of course dealer can’t duplicate it so they say nothing we can do. this is a safety issue for me as when you “stomp on it” you want it to go. if you gradually press the accelerator all operates fine. anyone experience this condition??

·
Registered
205 Posts
had a engine stall type issue when quickly flooring the accelerator from a stopped or when slowing rolling. it’s happened 4-5 times over the past 8 months. of course dealer can’t duplicate it so they say nothing we can do. this is a safety issue for me as when you “stomp on it” you want it to go. if you gradually press the accelerator all operates fine. anyone experience this condition??
I have had that happen a few times - the throttle map/tranny is the likely source and yes, it's annoying. Driving in Sport mode greatly improves this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you taken it in to the dealership to have them look at it? My discussion with service manger was if technician was able to duplicate the condition while driving (same as me) what would they do when car was back in the shop? No error codes, etc. So how would then continue to investigate? And besides, error codes don't always give you the correct info. They stated well this goes up to VW and they review. Which means, unless there is a lot of noise about the problem, probably won't look into it as they don't want to initiate anything that might begin a recall campaign. Any, thanks for letting me know you experienced this condition. For me its a safety issue. I will pass the info along to the dealership as I intend to follow up to ensure they have put VW on direct notice vs. just sending work invoice data to them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Possible solution . . .

Just curious . . . do you drive with both feet? (Left for the break peddle and right for the gas peddle.) I used to drive that way up until I bought our first Atlas and found out that if you have your foot on the break and press the gas peddle before COMPLETELY releasing the break it can cause much the same situation you describe.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just curious . . . do you drive with both feet? (Left for the break peddle and right for the gas peddle.) I used to drive that way up until I bought our first Atlas and found out that if you have your foot on the break and press the gas peddle before COMPLETELY releasing the break it can cause much the same situation you describe.
Correct - you can't left-foot brake in these vehicles. Brake pedal has to be completely released before you can give it gas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You might want them to check the software code. I took my 2019 SEL-P in for service a little over a week ago and when I got it back the acceleration seemed a bit off. It never stalled, doubt I really floored it but the engine light came on after a day or two. Took it back and they told me they accidentally put the Diesel software code on my car. It messed up some O2 sensors and something with the catalytic converter (Which they replaced). Once the code was corrected my car accelerates much better. Still have the transfer case rattling noise happening though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts