Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
BTW, I decided to try out this relatively new spare tire subwoofer by Recoil that I found on Amazon - the Recoil RST11 - because it had similar specs and a little easier-to-swallow price than the Cerwin Vega and the JBL BassHub. Saturday's the big day - attempting a self-install then on my 2021 VW Atlas Cross Sport S. Anything should be an improvement - will let y'all know how I do!

·
Registered
2 Posts
BTW, I decided to try out this relatively new spare tire subwoofer by Recoil that I found on Amazon - the Recoil RST11 - because it had similar specs and a little easier-to-swallow price than the Cerwin Vega and the JBL BassHub. Saturday's the big day - attempting a self-install then on my 2021 VW Atlas Cross Sport S. Anything should be an improvement - will let y'all know how I do!
I'm in the market for a spare tire subwoofer and I'm considering the Recoil RTS11. Could you provide me with your feedback on if it's worth the purchase or if I should go with another brand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would say that the recoil punches way above its weight when compared to other spare tire subwoofers. The price was right, it was easy to install, I got the low deep bass I was looking for it's completely adjustable to ensure it doesn't overpower the rest of the speakers in my VW Atlas Cross Sport.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would say that the recoil punches way above its weight when compared to other spare tire subwoofers. The price was right, it was easy to install, I got the low deep bass I was looking for it's completely adjustable to ensure it doesn't overpower the rest of the speakers in my VW Atlas Cross Sport.
Thank you for the info. I'll move forward with the RST11.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got mine up and running today. Big thanks to everyone here on the pictures. Helped immensely.

Curious to know - what are people's preferred settings for the remote (gain/boost) and the bass/mid/treble faders on the VW?

·
Registered
1 Posts
For those wanting to add the spare tire subwoofer as we did. Here you go. Tap into the left rear door speaker! Here is the wiring diagram/list😉, any questions please feel free to ask and or send a message I will be more then happy to walk you through and send pics etc. even FaceTime

It hits pretty **** good and it’s quick enough to pick you the punch bass from rock. And deep enough to handle the gangsta rap 🤣. It blows the fender sub out of the water by 💯. It’s the Cerwin-Vega spare tire sub $300 on amazon with a $17, 8 gauge wiring kit. And it’s a prime item 🤣. The sub it self complements the stock system perfect it pack enough punch but doesn’t over due it. This weekend’s task adding 2 coaxial speakers to the 3rd row as the fender system has. Stay tuned! View attachment 1365
Hello can you still.help with this system im trying to connect on my 2021 atlas SE cant find speaker wire to tap into on driver side pillar

·
Registered
1 Posts
OP Do you know how likely it is for this chart to be true for the 2021 SEL?
I've got everything ran and done except tapping into the speakers.
I'm asking because some of these colors match but some of them don't. I called the dealership, they told me to bring it in because they can't tell me. I would sooner cut every wire until it worked and then re-connect all the ones that were wrong.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts