Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Take your time and depending on the guage wire things could get tight under the door sills. I did not drill a hole in the plastic between the back seat and trunk. The spare tire cover fits tight and unless you fold the back seats down you'd never see the wires going over the top and into the spare tire well. They're in loom so it doesnt look bad at all but you'd see them with the back seats down. I've never folded the back seats down on any of my cars come to think of it but anyhow. Mines a lease so I didn't want to do anything I couldn't easily undo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Take your time and depending on the guage wire things could get tight under the door sills. I did not drill a hole in the plastic between the back seat and trunk. The spare tire cover fits tight and unless you fold the back seats down you'd never see the wires going over the top and into the spare tire well. They're in loom so it doesnt look bad at all but you'd see them with the back seats down. I've never folded the back seats down on any of my cars come to think of it but anyhow. Mines a lease so I didn't want to do anything I couldn't easily undo.
Good advice. Tight... not impossible. I ended up removing the plastic insert on the side of the trunk. Tabs for this insert are in rear towards hatch door. After removing this, it presented a space between the plastic insert that helped fish cables through. Thanks again for response.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For those wanting to add the spare tire subwoofer as we did. Here you go. Tap into the left rear door speaker! Here is the wiring diagram/list😉, any questions please feel free to ask and or send a message I will be more then happy to walk you through and send pics etc. even FaceTime

It hits pretty **** good and it’s quick enough to pick you the punch bass from rock. And deep enough to handle the gangsta rap 🤣. It blows the fender sub out of the water by 💯. It’s the Cerwin-Vega spare tire sub $300 on amazon with a $17, 8 gauge wiring kit. And it’s a prime item 🤣. The sub it self complements the stock system perfect it pack enough punch but doesn’t over due it. This weekend’s task adding 2 coaxial speakers to the 3rd row as the fender system has. Stay tuned! View attachment 1365
Do you have the wiring diagram? I have a 2020 atlas cross sport SE. I am guessing that the wiring diagram will be similar?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't think it would be as the CV has its own control module and the fender goes thru the radio. I don't have the fender so I could not be certain you could just unplug the fender and replace with the CV but I doubt it would be that easy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For those wanting to add the spare tire subwoofer as we did. Here you go. Tap into the left rear door speaker! Here is the wiring diagram/list😉, any questions please feel free to ask and or send a message I will be more then happy to walk you through and send pics etc. even FaceTime

It hits pretty **** good and it’s quick enough to pick you the punch bass from rock. And deep enough to handle the gangsta rap 🤣. It blows the fender sub out of the water by 💯. It’s the Cerwin-Vega spare tire sub $300 on amazon with a $17, 8 gauge wiring kit. And it’s a prime item 🤣. The sub it self complements the stock system perfect it pack enough punch but doesn’t over due it. This weekend’s task adding 2 coaxial speakers to the 3rd row as the fender system has. Stay tuned! View attachment 1365

I can’t seem to find your wiring diagram?

·
Registered
3 Posts

Where/how did you connect the ground wire? Picture please.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I tapped into the left rear door speaker. You have to run the power through the firewall. I removed the floor trim and the B Pillar on driver side to get the the Rear door Speaker. Send me a dm I’ll send you the wiring diagram.
Correct. The remote is internal with the speakers. It uses the hi lo and lo pass filter. You can tap into the same stereo wire for a remote. Just be carful their is a airbag wire that almost looks identical
so I tapped into the back of the stereo and made my connections. You are saying I can just pick one of the front speaker wires and connect into for the remote wire? I already have everything else ran and connected. This is my last connection. Thanks for all your other advice.

·
Registered
1 Posts

how does this compare to the fender sub that comes in the sound package? Im sure it is more bass being a vega. Just curious how much more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, Did anyone use a 12v ODBII memory saver to keep your settings intact while installing the power wire (you have to remove to disconnect the battery before adding the power wire to the positive terminal?) If so, which would you recommend, or do they all pretty much do the job?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, Did anyone use a 12v ODBII memory saver to keep your settings intact while installing the power wire (you have to remove to disconnect the battery before adding the power wire to the positive terminal?) If so, which would you recommend, or do they all pretty much do the job?
Hey There,

No I didn't use a memory saver. I actually didn't even have to unplug the battery. I ran the red power cable first from battery to the back. Without connecting it to the battery. Once I had all my wiring completed. I then connected it to the battery. For my car I had a slot open on top of the battery terminal where I was able to connect to battery. See image.

But I like your idea, it might be good to save car data if you rather disconnect battery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for this pic - I would LOVE to have that battery connection setup. I have the Cross Sport S Model - it only has the one positive connector (see my pic). I was thinking I could maybe use a pair of locking piers to hold the positive terminal in place while I remove the screw, add the ringed power wire, then re-tighten it...or maybe add the ring to the end of that bolt and tighten with an additional nut...maybe I'll give the memory saver a go, just to be safe...trying to avoid having to visit the dealership to address any engine lights....Thanks again for your reply.
Hood Gear shift Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive design

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Thanks for this pic - I would LOVE to have that battery connection setup. I have the Cross Sport S Model - it only has the one positive connector (see my pic). I was thinking I could maybe use a pair of locking piers to hold the positive terminal in place while I remove the screw, add the ringed power wire, then re-tighten it...or maybe add the ring to the end of that bolt and tighten with an additional nut...maybe I'll give the memory saver a go, just to be safe...trying to avoid having to visit the dealership to address any engine lights....Thanks again for your reply. View attachment 2263
Just remove the screw and attach to the screw for power. Just
Ale sure you use a good ground. You’ll be fine.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts