Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a '21.5 Aurora Red Atlas SEL R-line with the non-fender sound system. I have been reading threads about people complaining and having issues with the infortainment system no being able to go about 60% volume. I am having the same exact issue. Once I hit 60% the volume bar moves but the sound does not change. I have had my Atlas in twice and so far it is not fixed. What irritates me is my 2019 Atlas SE with Tech had a MUCH better sound system and the only reason we got rid of it was a lemon law buy back over a paint issue. I dont think a vehicle that cost almost $50K should have such an issue.

I thought I would start a thread on dealership repairs, issues, resolutions, and experiences on this issue.
1. My first visit they looked at it and said there was not an issue and it was operating within specs and was not fixed.
2. My second visit which was last week. They verified that there was an issue and said there are no software updates available. However they reset the radio via OBD and it DID sound better and I was able to get full volume.......for one DAY. The next day it was back to the same issue.

I am about to make my third appointment and push the issue.

Please share any helpful information you may have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just purchased a new 21.5 SE Technology and have noticed the same thing with the sound system. Only had the Atlas for 3 days. Will definitely check with the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same car and I too thought the sound was poor....I added an amp, speakers, and subwoofer....sounds like a concert hall now!

Can you provide details on what you did? Also the equipment you installed?

I am sick and tired of the volume issue

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I added a fully enclosed subwoofer (12") to the back - installed under the rear shelf- (removed the spare tire)...changed out the front door speakers and installed good quality 2-way 6" speakers in the front doors, and tied it all into a 4 channel amp installed under the driver's bucket (for easy access/tuning)...I had all of that installed by a good car audio shop...total cost about 700 dollars labor and materials. This sounds like a lot of money, but the premium sound systems offered by VW and other OEMs cost a lot and yet can't touch this system for performance. Whats more, all of this is easily reversible at trade or sale time, and these components can move on to other cars or can be sold. Used audio equipment depreciates HUGELY, however....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Supposedly according to VW there is a radio software update that will take care of the cars volume issues. Have not yet taken my cross sport in till October 2nd if it fixes the issue I’ll update y’all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I added a fully enclosed subwoofer (12") to the back - installed under the rear shelf- (removed the spare tire)...changed out the front door speakers and installed good quality 2-way 6" speakers in the front doors, and tied it all into a 4 channel amp installed under the driver's bucket (for easy access/tuning)...I had all of that installed by a good car audio shop...total cost about 700 dollars labor and materials. This sounds like a lot of money, but the premium sound systems offered by VW and other OEMs cost a lot and yet can't touch this system for performance. Whats more, all of this is easily reversible at trade or sale time, and these components can move on to other cars or can be sold. Used audio equipment depreciates HUGELY, however....
Thank you so much, I was offered similar install minus the subwoofer, all with Alpine tech, for over $900 …

Now the real question is, what happens when you pass 60% volume? Do you ever need to get pass that threshold?

And btw, enjoy your sound 😃

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2021 atlas cross sport premium. Sporadically I get no volume on anything in my radio or my Apple Pay. Does anybody else have issues with your volume. Also have a lphone that will not connect to Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to use Apple play?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts