Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shifting between 0 and 40 miles/hr is very jerky. Both up and down shifting. Have others experienced this?

·
Registered
224 Posts
The transmission shifting of the Atlas is lousy, especially in "D" mode. It shifts to higher gears WAY to soon in an attempt to get better fuel economy at the expense of drivability. I drive all the time in "S" (Sport mode - pull back on the shifter to engage). It is much better but still not great. I was driving up an incline the other day in D at 28 MPH and the transmission was in 6th gear!!! It wouldn't be so bad if the Atlas actually got decent fuel economy, but we get lame driving and poor FE.

·
Super Moderator
774 Posts
There have been some experiencing harsh shifting and not having the issues Tim listed above (just eco-focused tranny shift map). Have you tried using sport?

·
254 Posts
Once you get used to using the manual mode it just becomes habit, and much funner to drive I also notice less build up of brake dust ;)

·
Registered
2019 VW Atlas SE w/Tech & 2014 VW Jetta SEL w/Fender Audio
38 Posts
Once you get used to using the manual mode it just becomes habit, and much funner to drive I also notice less build up of brake dust ;)
Can confirm shift mode is way more fun! It definitly will eliminate the torque convertor noise at stops as well since you manually put the car in its lower gear. The normal driving mod keeps the transmission in 3rd gear to pull out from a stop and the TC grinds something awful! LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts