Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Atlas Cross Sport 2.0T SE w/tech
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I imagined my new Cross Sport’s 2nd row seats would not only fold down flat, but also level with the cargo area. Just tried it and there’s a 3-4 inch drop from the cargo area to the seat area. Am I missing something, or is this just the way it is? Was hoping to be able to car camp, with a completely level surface for a folding mattress.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't have the Cross Sport model, yet I am not surprised the seats don't lie flat. Mine don't either. The back seat shape doesn't lend itself to that.

As one who camps I use a tent. If I had to sleep in the back, which is a plan if the weather went horrid or things happen (Be Prepared). I would just deal with it.

If I would try to sleep in the back regularly I would get an inflatable mattress that is thick so it might be level when lying on it. If the '22 is like the '21.5 you can use the 110v plug for a pump to inflate the mattress.

Looking at Luna, I would say get one that has a tough top to protect from nails. I had a black lab named Ellie who put a hole in a cheap mattress by walking on it to do the needful, of licking my face to wake me up.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I imagined my new Cross Sport’s 2nd row seats would not only fold down flat, but also level with the cargo area. Just tried it and there’s a 3-4 inch drop from the cargo area to the seat area. Am I missing something, or is this just the way it is? Was hoping to be able to car camp, with a completely level surface for a folding mattress.
This is one of the things that made me get a regular Atlas instead of the Cross Sport - I knew that I would be camping and sleeping in the car but when I looked at the Cross Sport at the dealership I noticed the couple inch drop to the back and it was a deal breaker. The regular Atlas' back seats all fold down completely flat and it's a great sleeping platform, plus there's more head room for sitting up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts