Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried numerous times to try to get the mirrors lowering on reverse function to work for me on my 2019 SE w/Tech. The mirrors lowering on reverse appears in the settings menu and is checked but I have not been able to configure it to work..
To configure it: I unlock the car with the remote, set the parking brake, turn on the ignition,shift the transmission to reverse, turn mirror from -0- to -R- and adjust the -R- mirror to its lower position. I restart the car and go for a drive and the -R- mirror stays in the lowered position.
Could it be that this function disabled on the SE w/Tech?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi BarryT, I had trouble with this also but realized after I set the R mirror where I wanted it I wasn't turning the selector back to O. Once I did that the setting was saved, to get the mirror to turn down in reverse you must have the selector in the R position, if not it won't adjust. I don't know if this helps or not but I have found a lot of quirks with the remote and vehicle settings not always operating as they should.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Petrotech, thanks for your suggestion, unfortunately it didn't work. Subsequently, I was in contact with a dealer in Florida and he told me to try to do a factory refresh and see what happens. Well, I did and the lowering mirrors in reverse configuration option disappeared. Thanks Buddy!
Do you or anyone reading this have an SE w/Tech? I am assuming at this point that the cheaper models (non SEL) might have this feature deactivated.
Anyway, I am done with this now and ordering LED bulbs from superbrightleds.com for my next headache.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's weird, I don't have the tech on mine, mine is what they call a highline here in Canada, the next model up is the Execline and it has the Tech. I know I have trouble with the personalization settings and the key fobs. When wife drives it all the settings switch to her preference, when I go to drive it, the system knows its me and I confirm on the screen its me but nothing changes. I even have to set my phone up again and on the infotainment system under CAR and settings there were no profiles listed. Technology is awesome when it works!! I was looking at the LED fog lamps from Deautoled, thinking about changing them next and then tail lights and signals. Good luck with your next headache, post something with those superbrightleds, I would be interested in seeing those. (y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Petrotech, thanks for your suggestion, unfortunately it didn't work. Subsequently, I was in contact with a dealer in Florida and he told me to try to do a factory refresh and see what happens. Well, I did and the lowering mirrors in reverse configuration option disappeared. Thanks Buddy!
Do you or anyone reading this have an SE w/Tech? I am assuming at this point that the cheaper models (non SEL) might have this feature deactivated.
Anyway, I am done with this now and ordering LED bulbs from superbrightleds.com for my next headache.
I have the SE w/Tech... This isn't an option on mine. It would be nice!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe it’s not meant to be operational on US SE’s w/Tech. Such a mystery

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah I don't think that car comes standard with this option (at least not in the US).
But I believe it is something that can be activated with VCDS

·
Super Moderator
594 Posts
In order to activate this with VCDS/OBDEleven, your Atlas needs the correct mirror control unit. You can get them to lower on reverse but they won't return to their "home" position. The SE w/Tech doesn't have this ability b/c you need the memory d. seat.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You might be right but it doesn't make sense for VW to add additional hardware when this can be easily accomplished through programming. Time will tell..

·
Super Moderator
594 Posts
You might be right but it doesn't make sense for VW to add additional hardware when this can be easily accomplished through programming. Time will tell..
But it does b/c as I said, it's tied to other hardware - the memory seats/personalization settings. This is a common discussion topic on the MK7 Golf boards/pages - everyone wants mirror dip in reverse but can't have it without the correct control module - I just read some info on this that explains in more detail why...if I see it I'll post it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you read Petrotech's post? He doesn't have the Tech model (Canadian Highline) so I don't think he has memory seats, but still has the mirrors lowering on reverse. I don't want to debate the issue, but I think it can be activated,

·
Super Moderator
594 Posts
Did you read Petrotech's post? He doesn't have the Tech model (Canadian Highline) so I don't think he has memory seats, but still has the mirrors lowering on reverse. I don't want to debate the issue, but I think it can be activated,
I think you are missing what I'm saying. You can 100% get your mirrors to dip in reverse on the vehicles without the correct hardware. The issue isn't the dip, it's the return to the correct position. I've spent more time that probably anyone here on the VCDS/OBDEleven stuff - it's possible, just doesn't work 100%. There is a way to check if you have the correct mirror module.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thamls for your reply. I hope someone with a SE w/Tech and an OBDeleven device will try to activate the mirrors reversing and returning back to normal just to see if it is possible. Really, it doesn't mean a lot to me to have it work, it's just a curosity.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an issue where the mirror stays in the backup mode 50% of the time. So I drive forward and the mirror doesnt return to normal. Then when I put the Atlas in R the mirror goes back to normal. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Super Moderator
594 Posts
I have an issue where the mirror stays in the backup mode 50% of the time. So I drive forward and the mirror doesnt return to normal. Then when I put the Atlas in R the mirror goes back to normal. Anyone else have this issue?
Strange. Start over and reset the mirror per the manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have tried numerous times to try to get the mirrors lowering on reverse function to work for me on my 2019 SE w/Tech. The mirrors lowering on reverse appears in the settings menu and is checked but I have not been able to configure it to work..
To configure it: I unlock the car with the remote, set the parking brake, turn on the ignition,shift the transmission to reverse, turn mirror from -0- to -R- and adjust the -R- mirror to its lower position. I restart the car and go for a drive and the -R- mirror stays in the lowered position.
Could it be that this function disabled on the SE w/Tech?
Move the mirror selector knob on the driver door to the R position.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts