Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New here, and proud new owner of a 2021 Atlas SE w/ Tech R Line. One of the things that attracted me to the vehicle was the styling. However, I was unaware that you do NOT get the double LED lined headlights until you get into the upper models. I ordered the car and was not able to notice it. I drove a SEL on the test drive. My question is as follows: is there anyway to “hack” or enable the double lines on a SE Model. Thanks all and happy to be part of this forum.

·
Super Moderator
20 Posts
I believe you need to put SEL headlights in and the code with VCDS/OBDEleven it in order to get that look you are looking for.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah as silly as it sounds I don't believe you can just turn it on. Like Tyler said, it is likely you need to replace the lights and do some "hacking" at that point.
I know this is the case for the MK7 Golfs as well. The Golf R has 2 led "U's" where the GTI only has 1.

·
Registered
2019 Volkswagen Atlas S AWD
10 Posts
I believe you need to put SEL headlights in and the code with VCDS/OBDEleven it in order to get that look you are looking for.
Not sure this route would be viable anymore(at least for now). From what I’ve been reading, neither VCDS nor OBDEleven currently can write changes to the 2020+ model years, due to some new type of firewall that is implemented.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts