Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my 5 year old was riding in the 3rd row behind my 3 year old. Both in boosters/car seats. As 5 year olds do she was playing with any thing she could in the third row and pulled the lever on the seat in front of her that pivots the second row seat forward to get out. To my wife and my horror, the seat unlatched and the spring action tossed my 3 year old in his car seat forward, crashing his head into the driver’s side front seat. The car was in motion when this happened and had to find a quick opportunity to over and assess the situation. Bumps and brusies, but seems he was ok. I can’t believe that there is no safety feature that prevent this from happening when someone is sitting in the seat. It’s convinient that you can move the seat up when a car seat is in place in the second row, but not at the expense of a child’s safety. We have contacted VW and set some things in motion, but no immediate resolution. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow that must have been a horrifying experience. Glad to hear that your kid was okay. Maybe there is some sort of childproof lock/cover that can be bought for that latch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts